Disable Get Even More Out of Windows

Anonymous
2020-03-25T10:06:25+00:00

Hello, I'm having a problem with this screen appearing on my computers. I want it, and anything related to halting startup disabled.

What I've tried so far is setting the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UserProfileEngagement\ScoobeSystemSettingEnabled to 0, as that was the advice I got online. Didn't work.

I've also tried unchecking the "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occassionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested" option in Settings->System->Notifications as that was supposed to help too. Didn't work.

What do I need to do to get Microsoft to stop bothering me? Preferably something with a CLI so I can automate it.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-03T23:46:34+00:00

    Hi Rick,

    Thanks for the info. Looks like you're giving me instructions on how to update my computer to "Windows 20H2" (whatever that is). Unfortunately I'm really not comfortable with doing this.

    I'm actually interested in getting rid of the annoying "Let's finish setting up your device" that pops up at startup which seems similar to the "Get Even More Out of Windows". If you have any advice on how to do that without updating, that would be wonderful.

    Thanks,

    Andre'a

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-27T23:17:50+00:00

    This is unofficial but based on my experience, once I upgraded my 20+ Windows 10 Pro PCs to version 2004 (and now upgraded to 20H2), the notification options to stop the blue screen seems to work.

    That is, once upgraded and the options turned off I have not had a reoccurrence of data loss because of the blue screen nag.

    Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-05T23:08:56+00:00

    Once I upgraded my 22 machines from the 1909 to the 2004 Windows release and verified that.  the "Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows" is unchecked in Notifications and Actions, I have not had a reoccurrence at any reboots since July. 

    Rick

    Thank you. From your message I Googled "Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows" and found where in Windows to change this, here: https://www.ghacks.net/2019/08/09/how-to-disable-get-even-more-out-of-windows-on-windows-10/

    Here's the short version, but they have more details and the registry way at the above link:

    1. Use Windows-I to open the Settings application, or select Start > Settings.
    2. Go to System > Notifications & Actions [I had to search for "Notifications & Actions" on Windows version 2004]
    3. Uncheck "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

    Thank you,

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-15T18:11:17+00:00

    Thanks.  I will try this on my data collection boxes... and wait and see.

    RickPYR

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments