other work around i found might help, if i noticed in the quick access in explorer the other computer was seen there , but missing from network link in explorer, so originally i made a shortcut to the computer or any shared folders on the desktop from that , and it worked as a work around.
Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.
I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software.
Network adapter drivers are the latest.
I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue.
I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks.
Both Wifi and Ethernet are private newtorks and say that in the status.
I have 3 computers connected. All are windows 10.
On each PC I see the same 2.
On the PC that I cannot see on the network I can only see the other 2 and I cannot see myself.
Why am I not able to see myself on the network? If I solve that I will surely be able to be seen by the other 2 PC in the netwotk.
Thanks
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-05-18T14:07:05+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-05-18T13:57:36+00:00 other thing , go to settings/updates/optional updates and see if network driver update available there, try that one, .
-
Anonymous
2021-05-18T13:53:15+00:00 I no longer have the issue if disappearing networked pc, my solution was on one pc i was able to find a 2020 driver for windows 10 for my network card using DriverMax, issue GONE, (Desktop oem i7 1st gen , so from 2011 computer. )
a friend of mine also had same issue , we had to buy a new network card for his desktop as the driver available did not work , people are always blaming Microsoft , but its the Manufactures of the hardware that make the drivers to get things working, slackers,
i see other post saying do this , do that, if the driver is working as intended you should not have to do any setting adjustments, fyi .
-
Anonymous
2021-05-18T10:05:11+00:00 What is "Network RESET"?
And what problem did you have that it resolved for you?
Thanks.
-
Anonymous
2021-05-18T08:36:35+00:00 Network RESET for me... (gladly was on a PC i don't have any VPN configured)