Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family

Anonymous
2020-01-05T10:56:06+00:00

I have setup Microsoft Family with my children added as child accounts.

My children can login to their accounts at family.microsoft.com and simply click the link "Leave family group" and they are removed from the group and from any screen time limits etc.

This seems like a serious issue as it negates the point of setting any restrictions if it is this easy to circumvent them.

Please advise if there are additional settings required to prevent children from removing themselves from the family group.

I've checked the DOB for each child and that is correct.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T03:49:50+00:00

    YESSSSS FINALLY A WAY OUTTTTT do you get notified when this happens?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-19T14:11:58+00:00

    I never saw that button before

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-22T18:27:01+00:00

    Dont be an ignorant baffoon.  10 to 1 you dont even have kids.  You may not agree, but dont attack others for offering a workaround to a problem just because you dont agree with it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-17T20:04:23+00:00

    I am having the same issue.  I verified my son's DOB is correct.  Anyone have ideas on how to make sure he can't leave?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-24T14:45:12+00:00

    I had the same problem but I checked the DOB of my son's account and he set it up older than he was.

    After correcting it, his account does not have permission to leave the group anymore.

    Hope that helps for parents that have "smarter" kids.

    -Jeffo

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments