Well I haven't dealt with anyone but HP trying to get an answer to the question so I can't say much about tech support scammers. I always use the maker of the item. Unfortunately HP isn't interested in giving any help.
Automatic duplex printing no longer available on my HP Envy
Hi, hope someone can help.
Overnight, my printer has stopped doing automatic duplex printing on PDF documents. It is an HP Envy 4520.
I have not made any changes to hardware or software/or done any upgrades etc. I use Windows 10. I have tried to update the device driver but it is up to date.
I have tried using the HP smart app as seen on another thread but it still requires me to manually move the paper to print the second side.
Under printer properties it says double sided but if I look under device settings it now says 'not installed' next to 'automatic duplexing unit.
I have not had this problem previously, and it was doing automatic double sided printing 2 days ago!
Any suggestions?
Thank you!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-04-27T23:42:53+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-04-27T23:33:51+00:00 I found this solution really helpful and it worked for me.
-
Anonymous
2021-04-19T18:44:20+00:00 Hi friends!
Upon same Automatic Duplex function loss, and few webs checkup about this , I launched a recovery reverse point from few days before (the HP ENVY 4520 was perfectly Duplexing few hours before ...)
Hence, go to:
Settings / Printers Scanners / My HP ENVY 4520 / Manage / Printers Properties / Last tab on the right “Device Settings”
There you should eventually find the “Installable Options” as “Disable” and greyed!
Next line below “Automatic Configuration” “OFF”
Click “OFF” and turn it “ON”
Back to the upper line “Installable Options” now no more “greyed”, turn it to “Installed”
Down that tab “Apply” + “OK” .. Exit !
That’s it, Automatic Duplex function is back 😉
Hope it’s make it for You !
For the record:
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on 14-Jul-20
OS build 19042.928
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
-
Anonymous
2021-03-18T00:37:23+00:00 Well you are lucky because mine stopped printing double sided (I have Envy 4500 series) and first said to do it manually and never offered the double sided and now it doesn't even say do it manually. It only has basic printing. No idea why. I can't find anyplace in devices and printers where it even indicates that I have double sided printing offered up. I have had this printer for years and it has always printed double sided if I wanted.
-
Anonymous
2021-03-14T23:03:25+00:00 I am using a PC here not laptop or mobile so when you talk about changing ports I'm not sure where you mean.