This worked! I was trying for some time to figure out how to get this update to finish. Finally this did it. I had he same issue as Flustern. Thank you.
Cannot Update Windows 10 1903...It Stuck on 60%
Getting This Type Of Error Message While Updating The Windows 10 1903...It Stops At 60%.... Showing The Message As Windows Could not configure One Or More System Components...To Install the Windows Restart the computer and then restart the installation...
Please Help Me To Get Over It...
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-01-06T14:57:00+00:00 -
Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2019-12-19T07:15:48+00:00 For those who are having the same issue, please see the steps below on how to share log files.
Errors at 60 percent usually indicate a plugin failure. Usually with 1903, we are seeing IIS being the root cause in a very high number of users as BendingSpaceTime said.
However, there are cases where IIS cannot be disabled in Windows features and throw 0x800F922. This needs some separate troubleshooting which I would send case by case.
However, to confirm you all are hitting the plugin failure issues we need Panther logs. You should use a File sharing service like Onedrive or Media Fire to upload files and share the link in the next reply.
The Panther logs are Files named Setupact.log and Setuperr.log from the following path C:$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther
You may directly type it in a Run box to open the folder.
-
Anonymous
2019-11-07T06:31:45+00:00 Hi,
I have tried everything im/possible to update to 1903 but was not succesful. Finaly I decided to reinstall the whole system on new hard drive. It went smoothly.
I am really dissapointed that it had to go this way... as it seems, this is not a problem of few unlucky souls.
Hope others were luckier and did not have to reinstall...
-
Anonymous
2019-09-17T14:47:19+00:00 this update is necessary to keep getting more updates especially security updates. But technically you could still be running windows xp just fine
-
Anonymous
2019-08-31T16:32:55+00:00 And I succeeded after 5 tries by renaming MachineKeys to MachineKeys.Old and creating a new empty MachineKeys folder. I saw that suggestion elsewhere online -- it worked for me. I'm now the proud owner of MachineKeys.Old, which I can't delete, but I did manage to move it over to the Temp Download folder so I don't mind. :)