Texting multiple recipients in Your Phone app

Anonymous
2019-07-31T12:32:59+00:00

Hi,

I just downloaded and started using the Your Phone App.  So far I like it, however, I can't figure out how to text multiple recipients on the same text.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-25T14:19:15+00:00

    Unfucking believable. This is a major feature of EVERY text messaging app in the world! It's a very simple feature to implement. And yet "Your Phone" lacks this simple, and vital feature?

    ****, Microsoft?! I've been a big fan of Windows since it first came out. I made a good living as a software developer, using Microsoft tools and technologies.

    But, seriously...how the flock can you stay in business, doing stupid **** like this? This is maddening. And the fact that nobody from MS comments, or gives a ****, makes it even worse.

    You have failed. I will now uninstall your broken, flocked-up app, on my pc and my phone. What a waste of talent. What a waste of my time.

    Bye

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-10-24T08:21:34+00:00

    It used to be possible to send to multiple users then stopped an few months back. I've stumbled on this Q&A looking for answers too. Microsoft can't say the feature isn't available, it used to be, fix it! Or is this another example of MS taking a backward step?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-09-29T22:04:25+00:00

    So why post if you haven't a solution, just wasting users time to try to advertise other products.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-29T19:53:17+00:00

    This does not work. Once you have added a recipient you can no longer type in the field to type a semicolon, additional name, or anything else.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-07-31T14:13:48+00:00

    Hi Eleni

    My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

    When you click on New Messsage, then click in the 'To' field, you should be able to type in the contacts name separated by a semi colon then followed by the other contacts name.

    Here is a tutorial:

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/119892-send...

    Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments