Please rest assured that one I hear from Acer regarding the solution to this problem, I will post it on this thread.
Windows 10 Acer Swift 3 Nvidia MX150 BSOD Since 1809 upgrade. Still occurring in 1903 upgrade
Below is a description of the problem
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Unfortunately, I have not had a response from someone who can escalate this issue with Microsoft. Long story short, I have had the above laptop since August 2018 which was preinstalled with 1803. The system comes with a i5 8250u, 8GB ram, 250GB M2 SSD and a MX150 Nvidia. The laptop works perfectly on Windows 10 1803 with no BSODs or any error messages. On upgrading to 1809 the system will crash either when installing the nvidia driver or once a game or 3d application has finished using the nvidia GPU. For example, I can run a game for one hour with good temperatures and no graphics abnormalities; everything seems normal. However once the game or photoshop has been closed and I am back on the desktop using the intel GPU, a BSOD VIDEO_DXGKNL_FATAL_ERROR is always shown. This does not happen with 1803, and this does not happen when using a Linux OS.
All different drivers from acer, intel, nvidia have been tried, uninstalled and re-tried. It does not matter which driver I install as they do not fix the problem. This issue that I am experiencing has been discussed on this MS community website, and on the acer forums. The only resolution thus far is to rollback to 1803 where the system is 100% stable. Tonight I decided to read about the new 1903 update that is soon to be released. I am currently signed up to the Windows Insider Program and have updated to the latest preview build. Tonight I have found that the same issue when installing the GPU, or once a application/game has finished using the GPU my system will GSOD / BSOD just like 1809. This issue has been ongoing since 1809 with lots of users posting about this problem when using a google search. I am now currently at a complete loss as the issue does not seem to have been fixed, or had the attention from someone who could possibly put measures in place to fix this. I have disabled the Nvidia GPU in device manager so that I am able to type this post without having tons of BSODs when only a web browser is open. Since I have moved to 1809 and 1903; tonight I have had over 20 BSODs with five of them happening after entering the login pin at the password screen. Once the nvidia gpu is disabled and I am only using the Intel GPU, the system is 100% stable but without the high performance from the nvidia GPU. I really appreciate anyone who can assist me with this further.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The above problem has been reported on a number of Forums, but basically the same problem.
The only known fixes that have worked appear to be to go back to Windows 10 1803, the disable any further Windows updating. Or to disable the Nvidia MX150 device. None of these fixes are a permanent solution for myself.
This problem started with Windows 10 1809 release, and is still a problem with Windows 10 release1903.
Do Microsoft know about this problem? Is it being addressed? Have Microsoft put out any information regarding this problem? When will it be fixed?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2019-10-30T20:43:00+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-10-26T11:07:14+00:00 As said before, you have to disable the NVIDIA card from device manager and the PC will run stable untill Acer or Windows will find a solution. That worked to me to.
-
Anonymous
2019-10-26T08:02:29+00:00 I will be following this thread.If acer solves this problem it would be very kind of you if you post it in this thread.I am holding the feature update in windows update settings for this problem until it is resolved. Btw my laptop model is sf315-51g but i dont see any difference between the specs of 52g other than the storage so i guess they will get the solution to this problem at the same time.
-
Anonymous
2019-10-25T11:41:26+00:00 Thanks for the reply.
I have already reported this to Acer, who told me that it was a known problem, and they were in contact with Microsoft to work out a solution. In some future release of Windows this should be fixed, and they will keep me Informed.
For the time being I have disabled the Nvidia driver, and have not had any futher BSOD's.
-
Anonymous
2019-10-25T10:26:19+00:00 If you have an Acer SF315-52G or similar I suggest you to repor your problem... in my case I'm in touch with Acer Support and they are investigating my problem, with more reportings they will be more involved to find a solution.
contact ACER from here:
https://it.answers.acer.com/app/ask#\_ga=2.91817626.128925724.1571997965-1180544559.1571511265