System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.
I can't play any video or audio and I get the above message when I try to play Youtube video. Rebooting temporarily resolves the problem.
______________________________________
Hey everyone! I found a fix. Are you all using an adblocker? That turned out to be the problem. I did not get the error again after whitelisting Youtube. However, I renabled it because reloading the page and getting back to where I was before was faster than watching a 0:05-0:30 ad. At the beginning. Maybe twice. Then in the middle. And one at the end. PLEASE TRY THIS BEFORE POSTING A REPLY. xd
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2019-07-27T18:04:43+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-07-27T01:17:21+00:00 Try disabling your adblocker. But would be better of not doing that because reloading the page saves a lot of time.
-
Anonymous
2019-07-26T19:48:31+00:00 This began to happen on my HP Touch Envy M6 laptop not long after another Windows 10 update. Just every so often, after playing YouTube videos, the audio would stop and I'd get an error that audio rendering had failed, with a mandate for me to reboot my computer. Rebooting it solved the problem. But not permanently.
I went to HP's diagnostic page for audio and there's an audio check utility provided. I ran it and in about 2 minutes, my audio was restored. Everything checked out A-OK, except for one thing: Default Audio Format. Somehow it changed. The utility marked it as "Fixed."
So, somehow, somewhere along the line the default audio format gets corrupted and then you can't hear audio. I'm wondering if there's a manual way to intercede and just fix it, rather than having to rely upon HP's utility. But in any case, I'd rather run the utility than reboot.
-
Anonymous
2019-07-16T17:29:36+00:00 Hey everyone! I found a fix. Are you all using an adblocker? That turned out to be the problem. I did not get the error again after whitelisting Youtube. However, I renabled it because reloading the page and getting back to where I was before was faster than watching a 0:05-0:30 ad. XD
-
Anonymous
2019-06-04T19:19:29+00:00 I am dealing with same issues, however this ALWAYS happens after watching any downloaded HD movie. Any movie that is sufficiently high definition enough will cause ALL OTHER AUDIO IN MY SYSTEM to stop working. I can still use my computer but I have to shut the windows Movies and TV down in order to restore sound back to my other programs.