Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.

Anonymous
2018-12-20T03:19:25+00:00

I can't play any video or audio and I get the above message when I try to play Youtube video. Rebooting temporarily resolves the problem.

______________________________________

Hey everyone! I found a fix. Are you all using an adblocker? That turned out to be the problem. I did not get the error again after whitelisting Youtube. However, I renabled it because reloading the page and getting back to where I was before was faster than watching a 0:05-0:30 ad. At the beginning. Maybe twice. Then in the middle. And one at the end. PLEASE TRY THIS BEFORE POSTING A REPLY. xd

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-03-31T09:59:55+00:00

    Same. I've had the Dell XPS 13 since July 2018, and it has been riddled with annoying little problems like this. I don't know if it's the laptop or Windows 10 or the combination of both, but this is my first and last Dell.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-03-15T13:04:14+00:00

    The reason for this problem might differ from person to person but for me happens when I have the netflix app on. So if you have the app open just close it by pressing the X on the top right of the app. Afterwards just reload the page on youtube and you are done

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-02-28T04:15:46+00:00

    It is not Dell for sure. People report this problem with non-Dell devices. I reinstalled drivers many times, it gets better for a while, then starts happening every 2-3 minutes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-02-15T16:07:40+00:00

    My Chrome browser does not work with any output devices except Bose Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System https://www.amazon.com/Bose-Companion-Multimedia-Speaker-System/dp/B000IE8Z4Q

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-02-15T15:33:39+00:00

    I have 2 laptops. One is Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga, and the other one is X1 Carbon. 

    I've spent the last 6 hours on fixing this problem without success. 

    The following are things that I've noticed during my attempt to repair it. 

    I have 2 Windows user accounts on each laptop (Laptop # 1 and Laptop # 2), so that's 4 Windows user accounts in total. 

    The problem occurs exclusively with Chrome, not Firefox or Microsoft Edge. 

    The problem occurs in the Chrome on my daily used Windows user account in Laptop # 1 (X1 Yoga). 

    I logged out of that account, then logged in to another Windows user account, which I don't often use. Let's call it User Account # 2. I installed a new Chrome in User Account # 2 on the same laptop. The newly installed Chrome works perfectly fine in Windows user Account # 2. 

    Please note that BOTH Windows user accounts were created on the same laptop (Laptop # 1, X1 Yoga). 

    I performed the same experiment on my second laptop (Thinkpad X1 Carbon), and I get the same result. 

    Chrome does not work on my daily used Windows user account, but when I install a new Chrome in a different Windows user account on the same laptop (Laptop # 2, Thinkpad X1 Carbon), the Chrome browser works perfectly fine. 

    I thought the problem has to do with Chrome extensions (I was wrong), so I synced the new Chrome browser with my old and problematic Chrome using the same Google account. The problem occurs only in the old Chrome on the Windows user account that I used on daily basis, not in the new Chrome on the Windows user account that I rarely use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments