Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal Windows 10

Anonymous
2018-11-12T10:20:38+00:00

I recently bought a used Asus Z370-A motherboard and processor and noticed I've been getting reoccuring "BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal", once with Watchdog Violation, and once with Kmode Exception Not Handled.

I believe this is a driver issue with my PCI-e express cards but it could also be an issue with my motherboard.

Can anyone take a look at my DMP file and let me know which it might be?

Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-11-14T22:23:33+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. SD - IA 179.9K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-11-14T06:21:35+00:00

    No need to remove them. As the RAM is 16 GB, the test might take time-more than an overnight for 8 passes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-11-14T05:36:12+00:00

    Earlier in the thread there was an entry on ESET.

    Which windbg command had displayed this driver in the crash?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-11-14T05:34:57+00:00

    Okay I will run this when I sleep.

    I have two 8GB Ram sticks. They are positioned in two specialized slots to be utilized under dual channel mode.

    How should I configure them before I run the mem test?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. SD - IA 179.9K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-11-14T05:14:31+00:00

    I would suggest you to Run memory test for at least 8 passes, prefarably Overnight.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14201-memte...

    If you have a DDR4 RAM, use MemTest86 rather than MemTest86+

    https://www.memtest86.com/

    When the test completes post back the Image(You can use your phone's camera).

    Disclaimer:

    This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do more harm than good sometimes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments