A crash this morning; uploaded new 7zip here:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNe4-q6Tz36hjnBWR8wqiuELwba
Previous 7z archives in the "archive" folder.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm getting frequent blue screens on my Windows 10 64bit install. Here's my sad tale:
I upgraded from Win 7 32 bit to Win 10 64 bit, but found my Intel H67 chipset wasn't getting 64 bit drivers... so in order to keep using my i7-2600 2nd gen Intel CPU and other bits I upgraded to a Z77 chipset motherboard.
I wasn't sure how Windows 10 would handle the board swap. It was a valiant struggle I'm sure, but the change was unstable. So I started loading drivers from the motherboard mfg. That helped somewhat but still getting some blue screens. So I've attached my minidumps and sysinfo. Thank you for your help!
minidumps and sysinfo: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNe4-q6Tz36hh7uTSzgvsAR4YgY
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
A crash this morning; uploaded new 7zip here:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNe4-q6Tz36hjnBWR8wqiuELwba
Previous 7z archives in the "archive" folder.
A thought: although the crashes that the computer claims are related to my GPU don't seem to fit this theory, the rest (Logitech keyboard/mouse and ASUS wifi adapter) are both USB devices. Could the problem be with my USB drivers or related part of the system?
I uninstalled my ASUS USB (2.0) wifi adapter but the driver loaded by Windows was the same. So I went to ASUS's website and found that one version of the adapter had newer driver listed for Windows 10 64bit. But Windows wouldn't use the download as an upgrade driver, because its an installation package. So I installed it. It didn't change the driver listed for the adapter in the Device Manager. Not sure what it installed... there is a new tab in the adapter properties. Note the 3 Microsoft Network Adapter devices are only listed because I selected "Hidden Devices" under the View menu.
Picture of this is uploaded: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNe4-q6Tz36hjnBWR8wqiuELwba
Name [00000002] ASUS USB-N53 802.11a/b/g/n Network Adapter
Adapter Type Ethernet 802.3
Product Type ASUS USB-N53 802.11a/b/g/n Network Adapter
Installed Yes
PNP Device ID USB\VID_0B05&PID_179D\1.0
Last Reset 11/14/2018 6:16 AM
Index 2
Service Name netr28ux
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\netr28ux.sys (5.1.22.0, 2.12 MB (2,224,128 bytes), 4/11/2018 3:33 PM)
netr28ux RT2870 USB Extensible Wireless LAN Card Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\netr28ux.sys
netr28ux RT2870 USB Extensible RT2870 USB Extensible 5/28/2015 7:28:52 AM C:\Windows\system32\drivers\netr28ux.sys
netr28ux.sys
Ralink RT2870 series USB802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver (you may have a different manufacturer)
Came back to a crashed system. Been stable since the above commands. When I rebooted (its now sticking on 100% BSOD; no auto reboot) it said it was installing updates. I think it was this one: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4467702/windows-10-update-kb4467702 (among some security updates).
While typing this message it BSOD again, but for now here's the crash dumps etc from during the updates(?): https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNe4-q6Tz36hjnBWR8wqiuELwba
Maybe I need to turn off Windows Update - been lots of bad press lately.
When I did a fresh install of Win10 I didn't install ESET at first. I have uninstalled ESET and Windows Defender is on.
I don't overclock my system. The only thing I can think of is setting the memory to run in XMP profile via BIOS settings.
CMD copy & paste:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.376]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.17134.1
Image Version: 10.0.17134.376
[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.
C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /scan
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
257024 file records processed.
File verification completed.
8341 large file records processed.
0 bad file records processed.
Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
271 reparse records processed.
338120 index entries processed.
Index verification completed.
0 unindexed files scanned.
0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
271 reparse records processed.
Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
Security descriptor verification completed.
40549 data files processed.
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
35418328 USN bytes processed.
Usn Journal verification completed.
Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.
243567615 KB total disk space.
80115184 KB in 200151 files.
136536 KB in 40550 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
368751 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
162947144 KB available on disk.
4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
60891903 total allocation units on disk.
40736786 allocation units available on disk.
C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -h off
C:\Windows\system32>