See what happens if you try to set it up using Advanced IMAP settings:
Can't Add Gmail Account To Windows 10 Mail App (Error code: 0x8000000b)
Hello,
I've been trying to set up my Gmail on my new Dell laptop, but keep getting error message 0x8000000b. Could someone please assist me?
Thank you.
*Modified title for accuracy*
*Original title: How do I fix Error Code: 0x8000000b?*
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
54 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2019-07-18T17:48:46+00:00 I have try many time same trouble with connect my google mail but not yahoo
-
Anonymous
2019-07-18T04:06:08+00:00 After tried so many times, finally, I solved it! Update the software and sign in.
Thanks!!
-
Anonymous
2019-07-04T06:55:40+00:00 I am using Microsoft phone. But after login hot mail . I can not used gmail on phone. I using Microsoft Windows 550 mobile phone. Error code 0x8000000b. This code. Means what? I not use Gmail on this phone. If not, wastage of money for me.
Contact for me ******@gmail.com
-
Anonymous
2019-06-25T20:35:19+00:00 I, too, received this error (0x8000000b) when trying to add gmail to the Windows 10 Mail application. I tried a couple suggestions like turning off the firewall and trying to allow an app through the firewall...with no success. I turned the firewalls back on as that didn't seem to be the cause of the error code after all.
I kept the error screen for the Mail application active on the desktop through all of this. I thought "maybe Gmail is having a weird problem and it's not Windows that is the issue here." I logged into the needed gmail account through the Explorer browser (with no issue) and the Mail application immediately added the gmail account for me.
I'm in no way saying this is going to work for everyone but it did for me after screwing around with suggestions online for about 20 minutes.