Can't Add Gmail Account To Windows 10 Mail App (Error code: 0x8000000b)

Anonymous
2018-09-20T23:44:51+00:00

Hello,

I've been trying to set up my Gmail on my new Dell laptop, but keep getting error message 0x8000000b. Could someone please assist me?

Thank you.

*Modified title for accuracy*

*Original title: How do I fix Error Code: 0x8000000b?*

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-09-21T00:41:53+00:00

See what happens if you try to set it up using Advanced IMAP settings:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

54 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-06-09T06:12:49+00:00

    hi,

    i have the same problem with google and my win phone!!!!

    it's hopeless! :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-06-04T13:11:27+00:00

    Thank you for helping me being able to reply because this wasn't possible for weeks. I couldn't solve the problem

    As I mentioned above there a few new problems:

    • since around 2 weeks I have no access to "Windows Search"
    • wordpad stopped working since several weeks and I can't print anything with my HP DeskJet 2130 printer
    • Under Windows Remote Management (WS-Management) LogOn - Properties is marked  Network Service -  Password - somebody entered a Password but it wasn't me! the next Screenshot I took shows Service name  WinRM - Path to executable: C:WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe < and there is a stroke in the arrow - I don't have this on my Keyboard
    • Windows Defender Antivirus - Virus ans spyware definitions couldn't be updated - couldn't be installed - Error code: 0x800106ba

    Thank you for your help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more