Display brightness at max after 1803 update

Anonymous
2018-05-03T16:42:57+00:00

Hello!

I upgraded my laptop over the weekend to Windows 10 1803. I noticed my display was set to max brightness. I am unable to use the F keys to lower the brightness. I am also unable to change the brightness in the display settings. My drivers are all updated. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I have a Toshiba Satellite with the Intel (R) HD Graphics.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-18T16:42:43+00:00

    Thank you Rich! We are all brothers and sisters, we are all One :-) Have an holy night there, peace and love, all the best..bye Carlo.. :-) 

    Hey Carlo,

    Thanks for your kind words!

    Yesterday I tried the Windows 1803 after the " Brightness fix Microsoft June 2018 Patch ".

    It was on an old Medion laptop and all seemed to work fine, only in end fase screen remained black.

    Strange thing was no bios boot error and I could hear hdd working, long story short:

    After connecting it to an external screen it displayed again and could finish installation.

    Brightness and other functions seem to work okay now.

    Greetings from Holland :) , Richard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-17T02:13:11+00:00

    Hi. I solved the problem restoring windows 10 to 1709. Regards.

    • me too haha

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T20:52:15+00:00

    Thank you Rich! We are all brothers and sisters, we are all One :-) Have an holy night there, peace and love, all the best..bye Carlo.. :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-13T18:28:13+00:00

    I'm Carlo, i had the same trouble here in Italy. With the last update of today June 13, 2018 all has been solved. It's all right here. For all those have the same trouble, wait to update  and all will be all right. Have an holy day there, peace and love... bye Carlo.. :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-05T23:05:34+00:00

    This solved my problem! excellent!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments