Same issue in my Acer Timeline 4810TZ. I tried all the suggested fix mentioned in earlier posts in this thread. Also tried suggestions mentioned in reddit thread. Nothing works. I have sensitive eyes and cannot see bright stuffs. I tried to use with sun glasses on and it was still too bright. I am planning to install Windows 8.1 if Microsoft doesn't fix this in few days.
Display brightness at max after 1803 update
Hello!
I upgraded my laptop over the weekend to Windows 10 1803. I noticed my display was set to max brightness. I am unable to use the F keys to lower the brightness. I am also unable to change the brightness in the display settings. My drivers are all updated. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
I have a Toshiba Satellite with the Intel (R) HD Graphics.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2018-06-03T15:15:50+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-06-01T17:55:40+00:00 Three times on a row caused Windows 10 update 1803 me this screen brightness bug:
On a Lenovo T410, an old HP Probook and a younger model HP DV7.
Search results show many laptops users encounter this brightness bug and even worse;
it seems Microsoft has not released a proper solution or fix.
Instead Windows 10 users must experiment using old drivers, mess with registry settings or even rollback to the previous build...
(Especially wonderful for owners of a 16Gb or 32Gb Emmc device, where storage capacity forces to perform a new installation.)
How can it be that Windows 10 Version 1803 causes this screen brightness bug, on such a large scale, affecting many users?
Before official release it passed all kind of tests, Insider (fast, slow and release preview) rings;
was Microsoft unaware of this bug before official Version 1803 rollout ?!
Wishing good luck to all with this and any other energy and time consuming bug.
Due to a severe nerve illness I enjoy my good moments to help people with computer (Windows) problems. In other case I sure would consider using Linux on PC and laptop.
With excuses for my poor English, I am Dutch