intel wireless-ac 9260 blue screen crash when installing adapter

Anonymous
2018-06-04T18:03:04+00:00

installing intel Bluetooth drivers works fine, and this part of the 9260 actually works. but whenever the wireless adapter is recognized and initialized I receive a blue screen crash with code BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER. upon restart, the adapter has a "!" in the icon next to its name, and within properties the device status reads either code 56 or code 37, depending on the latest attempt I have made to uninstall the adapter and drivers and reinstall the intel proset wireless drivers. I've tried all of intel proset's supported versions for this wifi adapter, but every driver version results in a blue screen of death upon initialization of the adapter. again, Bluetooth still works, and that's why i'm very confused. why is half of the 9260 working while the other half, the wifi part, is not? is there any fix or workaround for this? thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-04T23:38:18+00:00

    I am looking at your Motherboard support site.  I may have the wrong one but it does show X299.. and 3 total M.2 slots.

    Overlapping resources means the PCIe or SATA resources.

    A wireless adapter should not be so much trouble.  I driver may not make it work correctly but not very often cause a Blue Screen..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-04T23:37:11+00:00

    Were you able to start the computer in Safe Mode - this is possible form the login screen.

    Also, can you check the following registry key?:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

    At that registry key, in the right window, is there, under "Name", either an UpperFilters or LowerFilters value?

    If so, for each of the UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters value, what is listed under "Data"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-04T23:34:48+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-04T23:29:22+00:00

    I was only able to stay in windows for 10 seconds before it crashed and couldn't recover again. I have to reset the PC or reinstall windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-04T23:26:57+00:00

    I tried to install the oldest supported driver for the 9260, version 20.10.2, but same issue. constant blue screen crashes, even upon restart, forcing me to restore the computer twice before allowing me to go back into windows, and then constant crashes again without letting me back into windows. going to have to reset or reinstall windows

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments