Download and install an older version of the driver:
intel wireless-ac 9260 blue screen crash when installing adapter
installing intel Bluetooth drivers works fine, and this part of the 9260 actually works. but whenever the wireless adapter is recognized and initialized I receive a blue screen crash with code BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER. upon restart, the adapter has a "!" in the icon next to its name, and within properties the device status reads either code 56 or code 37, depending on the latest attempt I have made to uninstall the adapter and drivers and reinstall the intel proset wireless drivers. I've tried all of intel proset's supported versions for this wifi adapter, but every driver version results in a blue screen of death upon initialization of the adapter. again, Bluetooth still works, and that's why i'm very confused. why is half of the 9260 working while the other half, the wifi part, is not? is there any fix or workaround for this? thanks.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-06-04T22:31:18+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-06-04T22:24:44+00:00 Ok, followed the steps, made a bootable usb of windows 10 pro x64 version 1703. after setup completed, i blocked windows update and i also turned off automatic device driver installation. then i downloaded the drivers only to install the intel wireless-ac 9260, and guess what happened.... blue screen, same error code UGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER. upon restart it crashed again before I was able to log in, with same error code UGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER. Then I tried to start it again, and It went into "automatic repair" which is also a blue screen, saying "windows couldn't load correctly."
-
Anonymous
2018-06-04T19:30:54+00:00 I am going to recommend you downgrade to Windows 10 1703.
Yes, not the best news you want to hear. These feature updates are not thoroughly engineered and are rushed mostly to meet deadlines. They have become highly unnecessary in some instances. My opinion, focus on the apps and less on having the latest version of Windows. If your apps are working fine and you are getting your work done, minimize your need to jump on the latest release.
Now, get ready to go back to your previous version. I recommend Windows 10 1703 because its the most stable and efficient release to date.
Step 1: Go to another working computer with Internet access, download Windows 10 1703 from the following link:
https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php?sid=74a7cf5...
Choose the following:
- Windows Final
- Windows 10, version 1703
- Windows 10 Pro + Home
- English
- x64 (64 bit) x32 (32 bit)
Step 2: create a bootable copy
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...
Step 3: perform a custom install
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...
Step 4: how to recover your files from Windows.old:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Windows Update might attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 1803 again. See instructions how to block it:
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-...
Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
-
Anonymous
2018-06-04T19:04:01+00:00 Additionally, this latest attempt was a fresh install using the media creation tool, which I assume downloads the build of windows that is shown in system information, and I turned off automatic windows updates before attempting to install the drivers (because automatic updates were installing intel proset wireless drivers and software which caused blue screen crashes too and I wanted to try a manual driver only install, which also failed. do you have a way of creating a bootable win 10 usb with an older build of windows 10 pro x64?
-
Anonymous
2018-06-04T19:02:17+00:00 Windows 10 1803 "is" Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134