Microsoft this is crazy, I've been tracking this issue since it started and you've made our bluetooth media buttons malfunction for too long. Fix it.
Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls PLAY/PAUSE no longer working after Windows 10 1803 update
Anybody having any issues with Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls not working anymore? I have Bose QC35s and Jaybird X3s. Both sets of earphones can no longer Play/Pause/Fast Forward anymore. I did the update on 3 different PCs. All have the same issue. To make sure that it wasn't driver issue I also tested Groove Music Player and all Bluetooth functions work 100% properly. If I roll back Windows to version 1709 everything works normally. I contacted MS support and also tried following issues below on one of the PCs and its still not working.
- Deleted all Bluetooth devices in device manager
- Created another user account
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, Sfc /scan now
- Disabled all non Microsoft services and rebooted
Since this is 3 different PCs (including a Microsoft Surface book) all having the same issue, I think this may be a Windows 10 1803 Bug. Anybody else have any other ideas or can confirm this is a bug. Thanks in advance for any help.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
77 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-06-28T11:20:22+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-06-22T06:59:23+00:00 Hello microsoft,where's the hotfix?
-
Anonymous
2018-06-13T06:38:36+00:00 we got a new update but it didn't fix this bluetooth issue, what's wrong with you Microsoft???
-
Anonymous
2018-06-07T12:16:58+00:00 Rolling back to previous version of Windows simply prolongs the inevitable. Windows will download the new version of Windows again and auto-update it. One day when you come home from work or leave you PC idle and do a reboot they will hook you up! You have to go though great lengths to disable all auto updates. Group Policy editor will slow it down, but windows has a habit of undoing your changes.
-
Anonymous
2018-06-06T01:21:06+00:00 Launch the Windows System Restore tool and restore to the previous Windows image (before the last update). That is what I did and all the functions are working again on my blue tooth headset. Hopefully Microsoft will figure out the bug and correct it for the next update.