Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls PLAY/PAUSE no longer working after Windows 10 1803 update

Anonymous
2018-05-16T00:41:28+00:00

Anybody having any issues with Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls not working anymore? I have Bose QC35s and Jaybird X3s. Both sets of earphones can no longer Play/Pause/Fast Forward anymore. I did the update on 3 different PCs. All have the same issue. To make sure that it wasn't driver issue I also tested Groove Music Player and all Bluetooth functions work 100% properly. If I roll back Windows to version 1709 everything works normally. I contacted MS support and also tried following issues below on one of the PCs and its still not working.

  • Deleted all Bluetooth devices in device manager
  • Created another user account
  • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, Sfc /scan now
  • Disabled all non Microsoft services and rebooted

Since this is 3 different PCs (including a Microsoft Surface book) all having the same issue, I think this may be a Windows 10 1803 Bug. Anybody else have any other ideas or can confirm this is a bug. Thanks in advance for any help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

77 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-03T19:01:26+00:00

    I happy to report than the Windows 10 1809 update that was release oct-02 finally fixed the problem.

    Play/Pause Prev/Next buttons work as expected.

    Tested with the earstudio es100.

    Hope this all ordeal is behind us now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-25T00:41:10+00:00

    I have the same issue on latest Win10 build 1803.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-09-13T15:31:18+00:00

    Got the same problem, bluetooth media controls don't work on the current version. The problem is I didn't use my Sony headphones with PC before the update and wasn't able to check if these buttons ever worked. It would be very good if they fix this. BTW, I'm a subscriber of Office 365, maybe Microsoft reacts better if paid customers complain here...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2018-08-29T00:03:11+00:00

    I have the same problem. Super annoying. Every bluetooth control with my Sony MDR 1000x headset was working flawlessly before and suddenly it didnt work anymore. So, I realized a forced update was done and now I know it is the update 1803 which is flawed. 

    I also noticed that when connected to the computer via bluetooth (for only sound and volume up and down) eventually I would either have to restart the computer or repair the headset, to continue being connected to the computer with the headset. Happens if I ie. let the computer run, without sleep or reboot, for 1-2 days. 

    I suspect that also is related to the 1803 update. 

    They should publish a fix. This is totally unacceptable. 

    Have at least disabled forced updates as best I can, so now I will try to revert back to the update mentioned by someone here, so that I can continue using the bluetooth controls, which worked before. 

    Hi, I was the one who went back to a previous update and got the bluetooth controls working again.   I have Windows 10 and before the last "two" updates, my controls worked fine.   Then when Microsoft released the first update that contained all the bugs, I used System Restore to go back to the previous version and the controls were working again.  Then just the other day, Microsoft released another update and my controls stopped working again, so I just did the same thing again and used System Restore to go back and the controls were once again working.  I just checked and my version is listed as 1709.   If Microsoft would see this post, then i'm sure they can figure out what the problem is because all they have to do is compare the changes they made in code between versions 1709 and 1803 and they can create a patch.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments