I have the same exact problem and I've tried 3 different Bluetooth headphones. Volume control works with the Bluetooth, but not pause or play. Tried to use the Feedback Hub app to bring this to Microsoft's attention, but the app doesn't work.
Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls PLAY/PAUSE no longer working after Windows 10 1803 update
Anybody having any issues with Windows Media Player Bluetooth controls not working anymore? I have Bose QC35s and Jaybird X3s. Both sets of earphones can no longer Play/Pause/Fast Forward anymore. I did the update on 3 different PCs. All have the same issue. To make sure that it wasn't driver issue I also tested Groove Music Player and all Bluetooth functions work 100% properly. If I roll back Windows to version 1709 everything works normally. I contacted MS support and also tried following issues below on one of the PCs and its still not working.
- Deleted all Bluetooth devices in device manager
- Created another user account
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, Sfc /scan now
- Disabled all non Microsoft services and rebooted
Since this is 3 different PCs (including a Microsoft Surface book) all having the same issue, I think this may be a Windows 10 1803 Bug. Anybody else have any other ideas or can confirm this is a bug. Thanks in advance for any help.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
77 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-06-05T20:16:31+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-04-19T15:10:22+00:00 So, I too had this issue. When 1809 came out, my BT headset was working with the play/pause button (prior to this, it did not), but now after some Windows Updates it no longer works. My wireless & Bluetooth drivers are up to date; I just updated them from Intel's site. I tried removing the device and re-pairing it, but still in the same boat. The volume controls seem to work, just not the play/pause button. This has been a very frustrating issue; I hope there's at least one person from Microsoft who monitors this thread, or at least a moderator who can do something...
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2018-05-21T02:42:19+00:00 Yes this is an issue with Media Player.
Can you put in MS feedback?
More people give feedback the more chance it will get fixed quicker.
And sorry for the troubles.
I am experiencing the same exact problem. Immediately after the most recent Windows update, I noticed that my Bluetooth headset was no longer able to skip to the next or previous music track, pause/play or fast-forward/rewind. I tested my headset on my Android phone and the functions still work fine, but it no longer works with the most recent version of Windows 10. "Only" the volume control worked. Then once I restored to the previous version of Windows 10, all of the functions began working again on my headset, so there is definitely a bug within the latest version of Windows.
-
Anonymous
2018-05-16T00:56:07+00:00 Yes this is an issue with Media Player.
Can you put in MS feedback?
More people give feedback the more chance it will get fixed quicker.
And sorry for the troubles.