Modem Dongle not Working On Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Anonymous
2017-10-23T22:30:24+00:00

Hi.

When I upgraded to 1709 (16299.19) I couldn't get my Huawei E3372 Modem to connect!

Before the upgrade I had no problem and with no drivers it could connect to the internet.

I have done everything that I think of, Unfortunately NO LUCK!

What is the solution?

Thanks In Advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-25T23:26:48+00:00

2 Solution from Huawei : 

  1. Downgrade version of microsoft to the build 1703. You do a search how to downgrade your windows.
  2. Put a static IP on the network adapter of the stick. See image below.

Update from Microsoft will fix the problem end of November..

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-11-25T18:21:41+00:00

I have the same problem and try another I.hope to works on your PCs.Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-25T21:32:43+00:00

    Hi,

    We received a message from Huawei with a temp solution and a date from microsoft :

    "Just got feedback from our HQ, please see below and the attached for the solutions, you can follow the attached to roll back to the previous version to fix this issue temporary, or modify static IP to temporary fix this issue .Microsoft will be releasing the patch around Nov 28,2017."

    Thanks Pierre,

    This more or less aligns with where "Microsoft Support" left it with me (although I didn't have any patch date at that stage).  I am happy to run with the rolled back 1703 version in the interim which is all working fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-25T19:34:34+00:00

    Unfortunately it didn't work for me!

    Thank you anyway.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-25T12:36:33+00:00

    Hi, Pierre Alexandre.

    Can you please share the solution with us, until MS release a patch for it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments