Modem Dongle not Working On Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Anonymous
2017-10-23T22:30:24+00:00

Hi.

When I upgraded to 1709 (16299.19) I couldn't get my Huawei E3372 Modem to connect!

Before the upgrade I had no problem and with no drivers it could connect to the internet.

I have done everything that I think of, Unfortunately NO LUCK!

What is the solution?

Thanks In Advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-25T23:26:48+00:00

2 Solution from Huawei : 

  1. Downgrade version of microsoft to the build 1703. You do a search how to downgrade your windows.
  2. Put a static IP on the network adapter of the stick. See image below.

Update from Microsoft will fix the problem end of November..

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-11-25T18:21:41+00:00

I have the same problem and try another I.hope to works on your PCs.Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T11:15:33+00:00

    Done. Thanks so much.

    / Francesco

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. OssieMac 48,006 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-01-18T10:52:48+00:00

    the same (unresolved) problem here. I'using an integrated Huawei broadband modem. No more internet connection after updating to Windows10 1798 build 16299.125.

    Any information about ?

    thanks - Francesco

    Hello Frenk60it,

    Nothing yet. I have just posted again at the following link and requested an update on progress from the Microsoft people who have said they are aware of the problem.

    Suggest that you go to the link and click on "I have the same question" so that you will get an email notification when and if it gets fixed.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/rndis-usb-modem-dongle-is-not-working-after/c894de10-1d5b-488c-ba3c-de0f54647089?tm=1512783634880&auth=1

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T10:19:11+00:00

    Hi,

    the same (unresolved) problem here. I'using an integrated Huawei broadband modem. No more internet connection after updating to Windows10 1798 build 16299.125.

    Any information about ?

    thanks - Francesco

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments