Modem Dongle not Working On Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Anonymous
2017-10-23T22:30:24+00:00

Hi.

When I upgraded to 1709 (16299.19) I couldn't get my Huawei E3372 Modem to connect!

Before the upgrade I had no problem and with no drivers it could connect to the internet.

I have done everything that I think of, Unfortunately NO LUCK!

What is the solution?

Thanks In Advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-25T23:26:48+00:00

2 Solution from Huawei : 

  1. Downgrade version of microsoft to the build 1703. You do a search how to downgrade your windows.
  2. Put a static IP on the network adapter of the stick. See image below.

Update from Microsoft will fix the problem end of November..

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-11-25T18:21:41+00:00

I have the same problem and try another I.hope to works on your PCs.Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-06T08:33:34+00:00

    The fix will be deploy by Microsoft November 28th. Huawei confirm to us.

    I have just updated my computer and the problem not yet fixed. Bit disappointing with Microsoft breaking the system and not able to apply a fix within the timeframe that I understand they gave.

    I am using the workaround posted by Kalski  replied on  October 26, 2017 and it is working but need to apply that workaround on every computer on which the dongle is used.

    You are correct. There is no fix from MS. My computer with OS 10.0.1709.12699.98 is facing the same problem.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-04T11:10:38+00:00

    2 Solution from Huawei : 

    1. Downgrade version of microsoft to the build 1703. You do a search how to downgrade your windows.
    2. Put a static IP on the network adapter of the stick. See image below.

    Update from Microsoft will fix the problem end of November..

    The problem was not fixed yet by MS. I am facing the same problem still , after updated to Build 12699.98

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. OssieMac 48,006 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2017-12-01T07:17:58+00:00

    I have updated WINDOWS 1709 to build 12699.98  & still there is a problem in getting valid IP  address evenafter uninstalling & reinstalling the Remote NDIS network adapter driver from device manager.

    I have been through the same procedure as per the dot point in KB4051963 and can confirm that it is still not working.

    Only way to make it work is to apply the temporary fix as per reply by  Kalski on  October 26, 2017 on page 1 of this same thread.

    Link to KB4051963

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments