sorry i cant remember been to long I found it pretty easily with a google search on a non microsoft thread. To get around this i'm running a pre anniversary update version of windows 10 and have disabled windows update on that pc. ive had zero issues doing this.
Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself randomly
Hi every now and then with no user interaction my default web browser firefox opens to the msn home page (my home page is google)(this also happens if edge is set as the default browser). It is completely random and comes up over whatever I'm currently doing on my computer stopping me in my tracks this is very annoying. I've run anti virus software and its come up clean, I reloaded my operating and it returned after a few weeks and I haven't added new apps or software that may have caused it. The only thing I've found that may be involved is a system restore point automatically created by windows module installer what its for I have no idea, so I tried a restore point prior to that date and the issue seemed to go away but alas it has returned this time there hasn't been a restore point created by anything that might indicate a change. Any ideas on what be triggering my web browser to open to msn?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
60 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-08-08T07:22:27+00:00 -
Monkey57 3,535 Reputation points
2018-03-24T13:39:20+00:00 Please consider checking the Acer support website, specific to your device, and update the Bios if ava (while the device is stable). Afterwards, please consider trying a Clean Install with a 'Current' Media Creation Tool Build (removing all partitions during the Tools Win10 installation).
-
Anonymous
2018-03-22T16:42:41+00:00 Yes....
-
Anonymous
2018-03-28T18:30:16+00:00 Hi,
We would like to know the status of your concern so that we can further assist you.
Regards.
-
Monkey57 3,535 Reputation points
2018-03-22T12:44:11+00:00 "As an update I wiped the drive and reinstalled windows again " -> How? Did you use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool?