Fresh Install Win 10 v 1709 Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP Error Event log 100 + times

Anonymous
2017-11-12T01:46:57+00:00

Error is at bottom. "What was I doing when I noticed this error"?  Nothing usually the errors do not 'present' themselves - I just see them in event viewer.  3k + errors can not be good.

Specs:

Computer Age: 2-3 yrs w/new component (HD, Ram, CD, VideoCard installed 6-12 mo ago)

Win 10 x64 1709 - Freshly installed following directions from people here

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460  CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz (Used Intel website to verify current)

Memory: 8192MB RAM

   Available OS Memory: 8124MB RAM

        Page File: 8204MB used, 2711MB available

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Hard Drive WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 ( 927.0 GB 414 GB Free )

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Lenovo mobo  I1KT38AUS (Bios upto date)

Steps done so far:

Windows Trouble Shooter; Maintance; Health and other Diag software

Updated ALL Drivers from Manufacturer when applicable

Fresh Install Windows (Win 10 x64 1709)

MEMTEST (Pass Mark)

Additional PASSMARK testing

Updated Intel Drivers (Intel)

Lifeguard (Western Digital - Hard Drive Integrity)

BleepingComputer/Malewarebytes (Forums; They checked my logs for maleware - clean)

Windows Defender Updated & Clean

Deleted Temp/Junk files (CC Cleaner/Manual)

HWMonitor (CPUID) & CoreTemp

Chkdsk

Internet Speed Checking

Bought new Nvidia video card

ALL of these came back clean.  My event viewer has countless errors, which is not always a problem - but over 3,000 It is literally reporting 1 a minute.  The most recent, what is it?

100 + times:

- System
- Provider <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ Guid] {E23B33B0-C8C9-472C-A5F9-F2BDFEA0F156} <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ EventSourceName] Software Protection Platform Service <br> --- --- --- --- ---
- EventID 16385 <br> --- --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Qualifiers] 49152 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
Version 0 <br> --- --- ---
Level 2 <br> --- --- ---
Task 0 <br> --- --- ---
Opcode 0 <br> --- --- ---
Keywords 0x80000000000000 <br> --- --- ---
- TimeCreated <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ SystemTime] 2017-11-12T01:06:40.431644800Z <br> --- --- --- --- ---
EventRecordID 3681 <br> --- --- ---
Correlation <br> --- ---
- Execution <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ ProcessID] 0 <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ ThreadID] 0 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
Channel Application <br> --- --- ---
Computer DESKTOP-803STIB <br> --- --- ---
Security <br> --- ---
- EventData
0x80041315
2117-10-19T01:06:40Z
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-19T03:15:00+00:00

    * Merged *

    People keep offering help. However, they give very standard cut & pastes then leave.  I do not know what to do.   All I can do at this point is beg.  I am a standard home user with a typical family PC.  I did a fresh install on 11/2/2017. I have been trying to fix this for almost 30 days.  Please after you recommend the task scheduler fix stay with me so I can tell you what I see.

    Moved from: Windows 10 / Security & privacy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-17T03:47:03+00:00

    I did a 100% fresh install of Win10 following directions here.  Oddly after the fresh install license information for other programs was saved.  So, it was not 100% fresh.

    As you said, it was not 100% fresh, so don't waste your own time trying other steps and just go ahead and perform a proper clean install.

    I did a reinstall already.  However, licenses were left over.  I do not know the problem. I followed the instructions to the letter in that link. This is a known issue. It was supposed to have been fixed with an update in 2016.  This error is being reported EVERY 30 seconds 24 hours a day.  Going back 7 days, it is there 16.214 times.  I do not know what to do.  Currently I am doing my best with google.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-17T03:13:50+00:00

    I did a 100% fresh install of Win10 following directions here.  Oddly after the fresh install license information for other programs was saved.  So, it was not 100% fresh.

    As you said, it was not 100% fresh, so don't waste your own time trying other steps and just go ahead and perform a proper clean install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-17T02:30:32+00:00

    Hi Tony,

    Here are the possible causes why the "Failed to schedule Software Protection service for restart" error occurs:

    • The Task Scheduler service is disabled.
    • The Software Protection Platform service is not running under the NETWORK SERVICE account.

    To resolve this error, please check Deepika Gowda's post from this link.

    We would appreciate an update about how it went.

    Hi, I need help please @Reil.

    This error has literally been happening every 30 seconds for over 7 days.  I do not know if it was happening before the fresh install which I did on about 11/2/2017.

    I am not a computer tech. I feel stupid but am trying my best to follow the 'simple' instructions.

    For step #1 " Computer Management tool, and then navigate to Configuration -> Task Scheduler -> **Task Scheduler Library**-"  I do not have a task scheduler library.

    When I go to Task Scheduler I receive an error dialogue box, "The Remote computer is not connected".  Then when I click the right pane it tells me "Task scheduler is not running"

    But in "Method 1: I suggest you to verify that the Task Scheduler service is running. ." "PressWindows + R keys, type **services.msc"**Task Scheduler is "Automatic". It is stopped currently in services.msc.  This is what I see:

    Path to executeable:

    C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p

    Description:

    *Enables a user to configure and schedule automated tasks on this computer. The service also hosts multiple Windows system-critical tasks. If this service is stopped or disabled, these tasks will not be run at their scheduled times. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.*****Would screenshots help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-17T01:58:38+00:00

    Hi Tony,

    Here are the possible causes why the "Failed to schedule Software Protection service for restart" error occurs:

    • The Task Scheduler service is disabled.
    • The Software Protection Platform service is not running under the NETWORK SERVICE account.

    To resolve this error, please check Deepika Gowda's post from this link.

    We would appreciate an update about how it went.

    Reil!  (I need your help please) :)

    It is going extremely badly.  I have as much experience with computers as a person with no skill or training.  I am getting errors every 30 seconds 24 hours a day and have been for a week. I need help.

    I never heard of a computer management tool (Until you told me).  Is this it?

    I do not see step 1.  " Configuration -> Task Scheduler -> Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> SoftwareProtectionPlatform."

    I do not think I am stupid though I feel stupid.  I get errors telling me I am not connected to another computer/task.  I can not view library (THIS IS THE FIRST PICTURE)

    Picture #2 is my first screen in Computer Management Tool.  Pic 3 is when I select Schedule.  (The pic below is the error).

    ***In step #3 "***In Windows Explorer, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform folder, and then verify that the NETWORK SERVICE account has Read permissions for that folder. "  

    I do not understand what "network service" means.  Ty for all assistance & advice in advance.

    What I see in Window explorer:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments