Fresh Install Win 10 v 1709 Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP Error Event log 100 + times

Anonymous
2017-11-12T01:46:57+00:00

Error is at bottom. "What was I doing when I noticed this error"?  Nothing usually the errors do not 'present' themselves - I just see them in event viewer.  3k + errors can not be good.

Specs:

Computer Age: 2-3 yrs w/new component (HD, Ram, CD, VideoCard installed 6-12 mo ago)

Win 10 x64 1709 - Freshly installed following directions from people here

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460  CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz (Used Intel website to verify current)

Memory: 8192MB RAM

   Available OS Memory: 8124MB RAM

        Page File: 8204MB used, 2711MB available

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Hard Drive WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 ( 927.0 GB 414 GB Free )

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Lenovo mobo  I1KT38AUS (Bios upto date)

Steps done so far:

Windows Trouble Shooter; Maintance; Health and other Diag software

Updated ALL Drivers from Manufacturer when applicable

Fresh Install Windows (Win 10 x64 1709)

MEMTEST (Pass Mark)

Additional PASSMARK testing

Updated Intel Drivers (Intel)

Lifeguard (Western Digital - Hard Drive Integrity)

BleepingComputer/Malewarebytes (Forums; They checked my logs for maleware - clean)

Windows Defender Updated & Clean

Deleted Temp/Junk files (CC Cleaner/Manual)

HWMonitor (CPUID) & CoreTemp

Chkdsk

Internet Speed Checking

Bought new Nvidia video card

ALL of these came back clean.  My event viewer has countless errors, which is not always a problem - but over 3,000 It is literally reporting 1 a minute.  The most recent, what is it?

100 + times:

- System
- Provider <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ Guid] {E23B33B0-C8C9-472C-A5F9-F2BDFEA0F156} <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ EventSourceName] Software Protection Platform Service <br> --- --- --- --- ---
- EventID 16385 <br> --- --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Qualifiers] 49152 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
Version 0 <br> --- --- ---
Level 2 <br> --- --- ---
Task 0 <br> --- --- ---
Opcode 0 <br> --- --- ---
Keywords 0x80000000000000 <br> --- --- ---
- TimeCreated <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ SystemTime] 2017-11-12T01:06:40.431644800Z <br> --- --- --- --- ---
EventRecordID 3681 <br> --- --- ---
Correlation <br> --- ---
- Execution <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ ProcessID] 0 <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ ThreadID] 0 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
Channel Application <br> --- --- ---
Computer DESKTOP-803STIB <br> --- --- ---
Security <br> --- ---
- EventData
0x80041315
2117-10-19T01:06:40Z
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-20T04:13:36+00:00

    Hi Tony,

    Here are the possible causes why the "Failed to schedule Software Protection service for restart" error occurs:

    • The Task Scheduler service is disabled.
    • The Software Protection Platform service is not running under the NETWORK SERVICE account.

    To resolve this error, please check Deepika Gowda's post from this link.

    We would appreciate an update about how it went.

    Hi, I need help please @Reil.

    This error has literally been happening every 30 seconds for over 7 days.  I do not know if it was happening before the fresh install which I did on about 11/2/2017.

    I am not a computer tech. I feel stupid but am trying my best to follow the 'simple' instructions.

    For step #1 " Computer Management tool, and then navigate toConfiguration -> Task Scheduler ->**Task Scheduler Library**-"  I do not have a task scheduler library.

    When I go to Task Scheduler I receive an error dialogue box, "The Remote computer is not connected".  Then when I click the right pane it tells me "Task scheduler is not running"

    But in "Method 1: I suggest you to verify that the Task Scheduler service is running. ." "PressWindows + R keys, type **services.msc"**Task Scheduler is "Automatic". It is stopped currently in services.msc.  This is what I see:

    Path to executeable:

    C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p

    Description:

    *Enables a user to configure and schedule automated tasks on this computer. The service also hosts multiple Windows system-critical tasks. If this service is stopped or disabled, these tasks will not be run at their scheduled times. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.*****Would screenshots help?

    Thank you for the information you've provided.

    "Method 1:  I suggest you to verify that the Task Scheduler service is running. ." "Press Windows + R keys, type services.msc" Task Scheduler is "Automatic". It is stopped currently in services.msc." - The Task Scheduler Service is disabled. You should enable this service to use Task Scheduler.

    1. Open again the Task Scheduler Properties (Local Computer).
    2. Change the Startup type to Automatic, then click Start.
    3. Click Apply.
    4. Click OK.

    Please post back with the result for further assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-20T00:15:11+00:00

    Both my eastern times are -5:00  I am not trying to be an idiot. I feel like one though.  I do not understand what "+05:30 to +05:00 or +06:00"  The article I posted with this time zone fix said "+/- :30".  Many people are recommending this fix.  So, I must be doing it wrong.  Now I am up to 33k reports in event viewer.  I tried both Eastern and Indiana (East) which are -5:00 neither worked.

    I am misunderstanding which time zone to select and why.  I have tried both easterns.  It did not seem to fix it.  Below is what I see when I click my clock in the bottom right.  Then I am given the options to change timezones.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-19T23:42:10+00:00

    Tony,

    I use the generic Eastern time when I am home in the US, currently I am on Jakarta time, since I am traveling.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-19T07:48:38+00:00

    I am "UTC-5:00 Indiana East"  There below is me.  The eastern Time (US & Canada) is more generic.  The Indiana East is the one I usually use.  So what do I change it to?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-19T07:43:23+00:00

    Hi! 

    I saw that too, I found it here:

    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/windows-10-rtm-scheduled-task-timezone-bug-xml-contains-travis-roe/.

    I am currently set to automatic time zone.  To be honest I do not care what time my computer displays.  It would be great if it showed the right time though.  I am US Indiana East Coast/Daylight savings.

    Just set it to one of these (Photo below?).  From reading, I thought Windows patched this problem.  Does it make sense it is happening for me now.  Even if it makes no sense.  Just change my time to one of the highlighted?  My time will be inaccurate from the change forward right?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments