Windows rollback loop

Anonymous
2018-03-20T18:32:10+00:00

After a windows 10 update, my ASUS X55U laptop remained in a rollback loop.  I have tried Bob Omb's suggestion in the Jan 16, 2018 thread by Martin Bar ie. run chkdsk c:/r/x (no bad clusters, usn journal verification) and sfc/scannow (Windows Resource Protection could not perform the required operation).  I do not have a boot disc or USB

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-25T17:09:58+00:00

    Hi Barry, I have an Asus X550C and encountered the same issue, I was going through all the suggestions on this thread but none of them worked (including the 3 shut downs and choose reset). However I did eventually stumble across a fix. Select your Language when prompted then go to Troubleshoot. Now I've forgotten the precise steps so please forgive me but one of the options give you the option of which Windows to boot from, you have the option of Windows Rollback then one or 2 Windows 10 volumes, there is somewhere an option to choose the default volume, in here choose one of the Windows 10 volumes and not the rollback one and restart and this should boot to the original Windows.

    Hope that helps everyone!

    Cheers

    Adam

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-25T14:19:10+00:00

    Bom Dia!!

    Acompanhei o tópico por alguns dias, pois diversas máquina que utilizo apresentaram o erro ROLLBACK LOOP. Porém, hoje resolvi arriscar e deu certo:

    SOLUÇÃO: MOVER TODOS OS ARQUIVOS DA PASTA WINDOWS.OLD PARA C:\

    Espero que resolva pra outros.

    Abraços!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T19:30:19+00:00

    Same problem here, but reset did solve things for me, but i'm deactivating Windows 10 Update all together, i have quite a powerfull desktop but sometimes it starts to give me in game freezing (lag spike), and it's always windows update stuff using 100% of my SSD.

    I'll bring w10 update to life when i'm not using my PC that much tho.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T15:58:26+00:00

    Hi, 

    I did a clean install by USB and I thought I lost all of my stuff. After a few days of restoring from an old external hd I found a folder named windows.old000 where all my files are intact. 

    I didn't have lots of apps or programs, so files were my priority. Hope it helps for you too!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T11:19:40+00:00

    So I forced my pc to shut down by pressing and holding the off button for 5 seconds. Did this 3 times until I got an error page. I then had a few options and I selected f1= recovery mode. I then got a page with an option to reset my pc. Clicked, then found 2 options: lose apps and save files, or lose all. Obvs the 1st one. PC then resets, then reinstalls windows. This takes about 2 hours. Then it shows log on screen, logged on, found desktop with all the useless apps the pc had when it was brand new aaand... ALL MY  FILES INTACT. Hopefully this will work for others too, I know next to nothing about computers so I really can't give any more info, just thought I'd share. Good luck :) so basically yeah what AntDart said.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments