Windows rollback loop

Anonymous
2018-03-20T18:32:10+00:00

After a windows 10 update, my ASUS X55U laptop remained in a rollback loop.  I have tried Bob Omb's suggestion in the Jan 16, 2018 thread by Martin Bar ie. run chkdsk c:/r/x (no bad clusters, usn journal verification) and sfc/scannow (Windows Resource Protection could not perform the required operation).  I do not have a boot disc or USB

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T23:29:52+00:00

    Same here from Italy. I don't know what to do, I'm stuck in your same loop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T15:24:47+00:00

    Im so distraught. My whole life was on this PC and now i feel like ive lost everything

    I was able to get a call from MS tech support when i went thru the Virtual Agent on Under Microsoft’s support. It should pop up. Explain the problem and then someone will call back within a time frame... 

    Sadly, after two long chats with three different people over two days they were not able to find a solution.... but I “will be contacted when they find one.” Then they added, that “if you dont hear from anyone in 2 weeks, contact Microsoft again with the Case number.”

    Sorry.... You are not alone in this issue...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T13:53:42+00:00

    Im so distraught. My whole life was on this PC and now i feel like ive lost everything

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T10:45:32+00:00

    What can I do if the windows Rollback is in the loop, and even when original DVD windows is inside, "there is no bootable device detected" ? How I should try format HDD ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T05:30:18+00:00

    Ok, our company computer technician was able to retrieve my files. He said that reformatting the computer was the only way to fix this problem. I had to lose all of my softwares. MS, this is your colossal fault!

    I have to buy a new laptop, and will take my solid state drive, put it in the new computer, and reinstall all of the software! The latest Windows 10 update is a disaster!! And MS created it! I am so disgusted! Why isnt this on the news to warn everyone??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments