Hi I just did a restart and it worked. Good luck
I cannot login after Windows 10 update, says "password is incorrect"
After update on my desktop PC, my login password stopped working. I've already reset my password for my Microsoft accounts but none of the new passwords work either. Not a CAPS lock problem.
Opted to reinstall Windows, removed all apps while keeping my files...NO HELP.. Still have same login problem.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2019-07-10T01:43:26+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2019-04-02T00:54:27+00:00 I was tempted to use my laptop as a boat anchor but i decided to keep trying because i couldnt afford a new computer. I think if you hold the shift key down when you start the computer it should take you to the boot screen. Youll need to back up your info onto a USB then uninstall and reinstall. Thats how i did it i think.... it was a while ago.
Or you could try this youtube clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwIOazT1BxU&autoplay=1
good luck or ring Microsoft.
-
Anonymous
2019-04-01T07:52:06+00:00 Thanks for that suggestion, but unfortunately it doesn't work with me.
After an (attempted/aborted) update, I have on the screen the picture. Towards the bottom left is time and date. At bottom right is an icon showing that there is no internet connection. Obviously, since it's not signed on!
Clicking anywhere on the screen, or touching any key, causes the time & date to disappear, and four icons are now in the bottom right. The first allows me to chose between English UK Keyboard and English US Keyboard. I choose UK. The next icon shows that there is no internet connection. Obviously. The third icon is 'Ease of Access' and brings up a menu - Narrator/Magnifier/On-Screen keyboard etc. But the menu is 'dead' - once you have selected that menu, the entire screen becomes unresponsive, so it's not possible to get the on-screen keyboard. The final icon is 'Power' and allows a shut-down or a restart, providing you haven't touched the third icon!
At the same time as these icons coming up, there is a sign-on box. That's where it refuses to recognise the password That password works perfectly well on my other Win10 PC. If I click on 'Forgot my password' it goes into a long wait, and eventually says it can't connect with something or other. Obviously it can't connect, since the PC isn't going to connect to the internet until Win10 is open! Catch22 in all it's glory.
As I may have said before, a restart causes it to revert to the previous version, and use of WUMT simply shows that the update has failed. Any grand ideas, short of re-installing Win10 or throwing it out of the window, gratefully received.....
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more