While shut down or restart getting message that "someone is still using" my pc

Anonymous
2017-10-29T06:54:41+00:00

I am getting this problem after the fall creators update .It's happening sometimes when I click shut down or restart a message pops up, it says someone else is using my pc, I do have another user in my pc but that user is not in use when I am getting that massage. I also clean installed my OS but the problem is still there. The Microsoft support staff also failed to sort out the problem. I am adding a photo of the message.

Its very unfortunate that after so many cumulative updates and even one major update version 1803 MS still did not fixed this issue, as if they are unaware of this.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-12-05T22:33:15+00:00

I used this and it fixed the issue:

Open the Settings app and go to Accounts > Sign-in Options. Scroll to the bottom until you reach the Privacy section and UNSELECT the option to "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart." Do this for EVERY account on your PC.

Hopefully it helps you as well. 


Moderator's note: Information updated for this reply to help users facing this issue.


Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-07T16:54:51+00:00

    Thankyou PreciousLeb for your reply.

    I'm not disappointed. (Whatever made you think I was? Anyway.)

    I was simply reporting that, like Mon.k11, I was seeing something that looked incorrect to me, with some details of the circumstances, in case anyone in Microsoft wished to investigate it further.

    I did say that it was no big deal for us, and it isn't. If you think the problem is local to our situation, not widespread, and not worth following up, that's ok, that's your choice. The Fall Creators Update is otherwise working well for us so far as I can tell, I am relieved to say.

    Thankyou for your suggestion about rolling back to the previous version, but really that would be a sledgehammer to crack a nut. I haven't got the time to spend messing about like that, and as this machine is the only one we have, the less risk we take with it, the better. We always know which of us is signed in and who isn't, and if we simply have to click "Shut down anyway" when necessary, we'll just do that.

    Best wishes,  Terry

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-04T23:06:51+00:00

    I have the same problem after creator update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-02T04:27:51+00:00

    We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest that you create a new user profile named as Test, for us to ensure that it is not a corruption with your current user profile that's causing the issue.

    We are eager on getting this resolved for you, we will wait for your feedback.

    created a new user as administrator but the problem is still there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-29T09:54:07+00:00

    Hi thanks for replying. Yes I am using Microsoft account to login my pc, and I am not getting any message like someone get into my account but still as a precaution I changed my password, but the problem is still there, and I can login to my Microsoft account

    from another pc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments