Cant connect to Microsoft Services

Anonymous
2017-09-23T19:21:00+00:00

My computer has just been cleaned off and had a new hard drive replacement. Whenever I try to add a Microsoft account to log on to this cleaned laptop, it just says to check network problems. I have done this multiple times, with the troubleshooter saying nothing is wrong. I don't know what to do.

Moved from:   Windows / Windows 8 / Network & internet

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2017-09-28T22:48:08+00:00

    Hey you.... 

    This is getting out of hand now. 

    Come on, Microsoft, you're obstructing my business operations. 

    Give us a status update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-09-28T18:35:56+00:00

    Same problem, did a reset install on my Surface and now I cannot log in the device to use the store or anything. Also showing inability to connect when running windows update, not sure if that is related.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-09-26T18:16:09+00:00

    Hi , I have also had this problem on my home pc and my laptop, both had been upgraded using the free windows 10 update, I have done a full reset on both of these and they have reverted back to windows 8.1 and have left me with the error problem too.

    Will I be able to recover the Windows 10 update once I can log in using my microsoft account again?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-09-25T22:35:52+00:00

    Thia is an ongoing problem and I can only connect to microsoft user account by going thtough an internet browser! It is very inconvenient, not to mention evwrything can’t sync properly. I feel like MS is trying to encourage those of us on 8.1 to move to 10, which I don’t want to do!! Ive been going nuts trying to figure out what happened and of course its an update that I received from MS. Ive spent so much wasted time installing, uninstalling, and re-installing to find it’s nothing I’ve done. When will this be fixed by Microsoft? You can’t just leave those of us that do use 8.1 disconnected like this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments