Thanks for your prompt response.
I am sorry to see that you have incorporated my latest
Question into my original Discussion thread.
I introduced it since the original was becoming too long for most to appreciate and to respond.
The LINK in my last post, to best of my knowledge, is the place to acquire the MSSSTOOL for using
to create a MEDIA USB, which is used to load and run WDO on Windows 7 machines.
Every step in that process functions as it should, except that once WDO is loaded into the machine,
it promptly declares that the definitions are Out Of Date. However, the definitions are
NOT out of
date. Examination of the MPAM file on the Media USB confirms this.
As for using the Update Tab in WDO; In
most machines it is NOT functional, WIFI nor ETHERNET.
It gives a Connection error. Apparently, if there is software included in WDO for this purpose, it is
not adequate. I say MOSTmachines, because my OLD Dell 8300 P4
will connect thru Ethernet.
By jumping through some hoops, I can eventually get it to download what it considers to be Up To
Date definitions. And it will run a scan. But be advised, the definitions that it updated are in the
LOADED program, not the USB. (This may shed some light on what this problem is.) !!!
In any case, this is not as the program was designed, and not as it has been working before "1703"
Please consider separating my last two posts from this thread and re-establishing the new one.
I am sure that most will not bother to browse all the way through this one.
Thanks, Glen