The method from reddit is the same I posted above, and I can confirm it works flawlessly with Forza 7!
Moving Forza Horizon 3 Game Data To Another PC
Hi,
I have recently purchased Forza Horizon 3 on the Windows App Store on my Surface Pro 3. I downloaded it onto my Surface Pro 3 because i have access to NBN (faster internet) at work where i was able to download the game within an hour or so.
I want to copy the game data to a USB so i can then install the game on my home pc. I was unable to download the game on my home pc as my interent would take a week to download.
I have tried moving the data using the in built windows function Settings>System>Apps & Features then selecting Froza Horizon 3 and select move to my USB, but i get an error message "We couldnt move Forza Horizon 3. The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80073d0b, in case you need it".
I then tried by taking ownership of the Windowsapp folder and finding the game data "Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.10.2_x64__8werkyb3d8bbwe". But when i try to copy and paste it onto my usb (which has plenty of space and is formatted in NTFS) it keeps telling me i need to "provide administrator permission to copy to this folder" i select continue and then prompts "you need permission to perform this action".
Doe sanyone know how i can copy the game data for Forza Horizon 3 to my home pc as i cannot download 50GB from home.
Regards,
Tim
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-05-22T13:49:02+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-05-15T19:32:36+00:00 It is not considered old if the problem still persist and judging by the speed at which every other game client allows for backups, each month that passes with 0 REPLIES from Microsoft just confirm to the rest of the world how bad their STORE actually is.
Thing is, they won't do a THING about this because 2 main reaons:
1- Microsoft is TOO BIG of a company now, they have to spent half of their resources organizing stuff that needs to be done and the proper channels to implement a change are so big that by the time a feature gets to the actual engineer working on it, years could had passed and by the time it gets approved, months.
2- Microsoft don't care AT ALL that there are places on earth (about half the planet) with slow connections. They live in Silicon Valley surrounded by Gigabit connections so they assume EVERYONE in the world have such connections. As such, they don't see this as a problem at all. This is typical human reasoning (or lack of it).
-
Anonymous
2016-12-02T19:36:41+00:00 Sure between harddrives .. although even this didn't work initially so must have been fixed since.
Not to a USB however and certainly not back again with someone elses downloaded data as it's all encrypted and stupid.
Thankfully everything you actually want to play is on Steam.. **** even EA do a better job with Origin!
-
Anonymous
2016-12-02T17:25:32+00:00 Just go to Windows' APPS AND FEATURES window (press the start button/windows key and type "apps" when it slides up, it'll show apps and features) then go to HORIZON 3 and click "modify" and then click MOVE and move it to another drive.
Works perfectly fine, will take ~5-20 minutes depending on hard drive speed.
Enjoy
-
Anonymous
2016-11-17T14:40:18+00:00 Since you already purchased the game. You can simply download the game using another PC.
Keep us posted.
What a ludicrous post.. with that level of support I don't really know why I'm bothering to add to this.
I've also bought FH3 on pc but with 1.8mb internet it'll take about 9-10 nights to download. Planned to send a USB stick to a friend for him to copy his game data - paste it over the top of my own windowsapps folder, then resume the download in my windows store.
Steam/Origin as others have said would pick this up as data being present and carry on with the installation.
Does this mean that windows will just ignore this entirely and carrying on trying to download all 50gb? What an absolute waste of time this game is proving to be.. let alone all the performance issues I'll no doubt face if it ever is installed!
Maybe I should just get a refund now...