SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

Anonymous
2017-02-13T12:08:22+00:00

I am facing a blue screen with the error : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys) 

and that's is right after using (installing and uninstalling) the following programs :

1- Aero glass W8+ v1.4.5 & then 1.5.2

2- UltraUXThemePatcher_3.1.0 for 14393 

3- Theme Signature Bypass

4- UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview

5- OldNewExplorer

6- AGTweaker-1.3.2

The dump file shows on WhoCrashed program 

On Mon 13-Feb-17 5:26:27 AM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021317-21750-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x1A95B6)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFFE60C1D295B6, 0xFFFFB30114ED7400, 0x0)

Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 

and here is the dump file

Any suggestion please?

I'm running now on Safe mode with network

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-17T19:27:56+00:00

    It won't work. I always used Volume² with administrator option enabled, and still done the BSOD after moving files around with the mouse "drag and drop in the desktop".

    Haven't tried to run it with compatibility mode administrator enabled.

    Will try it later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-16T21:15:51+00:00

    I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to PratikJain4 and to Marco.Freire because you are lifesavers!!!

    I don't know if something else is responsible for this issue (BSOD ...) but for sure the Volume² is responsible 100%

    I try many times to move files to different "test" folders and at the same time I use to play a music from YouTube in two different browsers (just to stress the "problem").

    Result: BSOD in 2 minutes.

    I try the same after uninstalling Volume².

    Result: Since now....everything OK (I hope to continue like this :)

    So, at least Volume² cause troubles!!!

    Once again, thank you PratikJain4 & Marco.Freire for your FIX!!!

    to everybody: Have a Perfect day, without BSOD!!!!:)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-13T13:12:09+00:00

    Volume² is an awesome piece of software and I miss it a lot.

    The Creators Update is the culprit. They made some changes to the kernel and broke the OS. I don't know how to fix it. I tried to contact the developer, but it seems he is inactive and probably won't update the application. But I'm not sure anymore if the problem is only the Volume².

    I have 2 laptops and 1 desktop.

    On my main laptop, I decided to not install the Creators Update, and stick with the Anniversary Update. Well at least for the next 180 days. That's the max time we are allowed to deter updates. Only works on Windows 10 Professional. I use Volume² here with no problems.

    My 2nd laptop has the Creators Update and was installed via Windows Update. This was the computer that I used to troubleshoot the BSOD issue.

    I disabled all the services and applications, and slowly turned the services and applications ON until it starts doing BSOD. 

    Just moving files around triggered the BSOD, so it was kinda easy to detect what was the culprit application. The BSOD stopped after removing Volume².

    But, Volume² isn't the culprit on my Desktop. I uninstalled Volume² but the BSOD still happens while moving files around.

    So I need to do the same troubleshooting I've done on my 2nd Laptop and repeat on my desktop.

    Still not convinced that Volume² is the only software at fault here. 

    I will try and do a clean install of Creators Update on my 2nd laptop and the 1st software I install is Volume² and check for a BSOD. If it doesn't happen with only Volume² installed, it means it might be a combination of software's creating the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-13T09:27:26+00:00

    Marco,

    I have the exact same issue described above and co-incidentally I also happen to use Volume2 application on my laptop. Could you please let me know if  you found a workaround except from removing Volume2 altogether ? Also, how did you investigate on this issue and found out the culprit ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments