Windows 10 password field on login screen not showing

Anonymous
2017-01-12T02:32:46+00:00

I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.

When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.

Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..

I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.

I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.

Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this. 

These are all the current apps I have

What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..

* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-25T07:27:50+00:00

    I have also the same problem.

    When I upgraded my  win 10 home to pro it happened after changing language. Possword field is not visible even when I restarted my pc.

    It's been two day since I am not able to login my pc.

    The problem for me happened only after closing the lid, which put the laptop into sleep mode - when 'woken' there was ususally no login box, so I had to switch-off using the power on/off switch, then reboot. The login box always appeared ok after switching the laptop off and rebooting.

    Your problem appears much worse ... I would suggest you switch-off, then disconnect/remove the power lead and remove the battery ... leave unpowered for a few minutes to be sure, then reboot. Reinstalling Windows 10 would be another drastic suggestion.

    I will try the last posted solution from Meglp (March 24th), but after I disabled the Win10 feature that puts the laptop to sleep when the lid is closed, I have not seen the problem so a little hesitant to re-enable that feature!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-18T07:40:54+00:00

    Hi - I had this problem, It was fixed by emptying the recycle bin - which I must admit had abut 12Gb of old files in it as I hadnt emptied it for months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-02-14T22:47:28+00:00

    No external USB hard drives were connected at that time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-02-14T22:46:47+00:00

    I'm still having the same problem after doing an in-place upgrade TWICE ! ....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-02-04T04:35:15+00:00

    I did an in-place upgrade of windows 10 and it made things even worse. Explorer is crashing when I navigate to  "open with" submenu...

    How can this happen if in-place upgrade "repairs everything"...... ?

    Also after in-place upgrade PC settings categories - Personalize and Accounts doesn't work anymore....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments