Windows 10 password field on login screen not showing

Anonymous
2017-01-12T02:32:46+00:00

I have Windows 10, 64bit with all the latest updates.

When I put my computer to sleep and wake up, the password field is not showing. I have to do a restart to be able to log in.

Microsoft isn't fixing this, there are no solutions for this problem, I have tried everything.. I also had this problem in the past, I reinstalled Windows, but I'm not gonna do another reinstall for such minor problem which can probably be fixed without reinstall..

I'm using a local account, and I do not intend to use microsoft account to log in.

I have done sfc and dism also - no corruption. But this problem started after I uninstalled microsoft bloatware and unnecessary crap.

Please don't tell me to create a new account - I've seen these suggestions everywhere, they don't help in any way. I want to use my current account. Please tell me how to fix this. 

These are all the current apps I have

What is missing here ? LockApp is still there..

* Post moved by the moderator to the most appropriate forum category.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-14T16:34:41+00:00

    Try disabling Fast startup.

    Right click the battery in the system tray >> Power Options >> Choose what the power button does >> Change settings that are currently unavailable >> uncheck "Turn on fast startup"

    Or:

    Control Panel >> Hardware and Sounds >> Power Options >> Choose what the power button does >> Change settings that are currently unavailable >> uncheck "Turn on fast startup"

    Your startup will be slower but at least you can login.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-06T16:20:53+00:00

    A fix for the missing login password field box for some - Try running the TroubleShooter for Power.  Followed by more complete restart: Shutdown /R , or tap the Desktop then ALT+F4 Restart

    Settings / Update & Security / TroubleShoot  ...scroll down to Power.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-06T15:50:08+00:00

    Do you have three icons in the bottom right corner of your Login screen? Right click the one on the right (see the image below) and select Update and restart. The login screen will reappear. Enter your password or pin number and with luck you will be able to access your computer.

    I can't believe I wasted over 1h restarting 20 times and trying every possible combination of keys and clicks to find out ultimately that all I had to do is right-click on the bottom right button. 

    Thanks for the solution. I was 3 mins away from reinstalling windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-26T17:19:15+00:00

    I reset the computer and lost all files. After hours of "Leave your device on we're going as fast as we can" I finally got a desk top. I changed the computer name to what it used to be and was forced to reboot but when it got to the login screen there was NO LOGIN BOX. The disk will light up for awhile then back to the screen with the Time and date.

    What are you doing Microsoft? If you want someone to stop using your product just ask, locking them out of their computer is deceitful at best.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-10-26T00:32:04+00:00

    Here it is October 2017 and the same issue: No login prompt (after last night's updates)

    After trying EVERY example (restore, backout last update, command line net, low res startup) and finding nothing that works I'm stuck with wiping out all my data in order to get the computer to work.

    Microsoft, I will order a tablet to keep my day to day important stuff on, I will not be purchasing anymore boat anchors that require your products to operate.

    To those that work for Microsoft and the managers that allow this to happen, I'm sorry, perhaps when you get your next job you can reflect on what you could have done better. Meanwhile I'm good with Android on Intel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments