Windows 7 Updates not downloading.

Anonymous
2016-04-21T22:26:45+00:00

My Windows 7 machine will not download updates.  I have the system setup for manual selection and installation of updates.  When I choose the updates I want and say download, the "Downloading updates" screen displays and does nothing.  It says it is downloading 123 updates, but it sits at 0 KB total, 0% complete.  Please help.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-11T03:21:16+00:00

    if Windows 7 have troubles to find updates, causing high CPU or RAM usage with the process Svchost.exe, it is due that Windows Update was not able to update automatically the Windows Update Client.

    in this case, you need to download the update manually, this is the most recent version for now: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3138612

    Note: if you have troubles to install this update, stop "Windows Update" service, and fastly try to install the update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-11T03:03:18+00:00

    We are well over 10 minutes and nothing has changed.  Still checking for updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-11T02:51:27+00:00

    don't worry is normal because my tool cleanup the update history, so it will look like when you install Windows for first time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-11T02:49:47+00:00

    it should take around 10 minutes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-05-11T02:38:25+00:00

    Another curious thing.  In the Checking for updates window, it says:

    Most recent check for updates:  Never

    Updates were installed:  Never

    Update history is empty.

    But then I view installed updates from the Control Panel, and I see that updates were installed as recently as 5/5.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments