How long should I give it to check for updates and do nothing before I figure it didn't work?
Windows 7 Updates not downloading.
My Windows 7 machine will not download updates. I have the system setup for manual selection and installation of updates. When I choose the updates I want and say download, the "Downloading updates" screen displays and does nothing. It says it is downloading 123 updates, but it sits at 0 KB total, 0% complete. Please help.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-05-11T02:24:05+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-05-11T02:09:31+00:00 Many updates were successfully installed, many failed. There are around 155 total. In System and Security, when I select Check for updates, it starts checking, but does nothing more. It just stays at the Checking for updates screen.
Still doesn't explain why some updates installed and some didn't.
So, two separate issues.
maybe you have corrupted Windows Update folders, try use my tool to fix that first (run as admin): http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/J62uSUSQ/file.html
-
Anonymous
2016-05-11T02:04:42+00:00 Many updates were successfully installed, many failed. There are around 155 total. In System and Security, when I select Check for updates, it starts checking, but does nothing more. It just stays at the Checking for updates screen.
Still doesn't explain why some updates installed and some didn't.
So, two separate issues.
-
Anonymous
2016-04-29T00:34:24+00:00 When I press the Windows icon and the X, Windows Mobility Center opens.
-
Anonymous
2016-04-29T00:31:33+00:00 Ok, I could be totally clueless, but I don't have a Win key on my keyboard.:-)