Try to shutdown the windows service the name call "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".
I hope it helps you.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I updated my 64-bit 8.1 to Windows 10, and far cry 3 was the one crashing in 10 mins, every time. All the drivers were up to date, and yet no good news. The game started, 10-15 minutes of gameplay, crash. I re-installed Windows 10 x64 from zero, and when it went to Far Cry 3, the problem stayed the same.
There is a solution!
Thanks to SamaelShih, it has been figured out that TabletInputServiceforces FarCry3.exe to crash, when enabled. To solve the crash problem:
Service could be re-enabled, when you're done.
Enjoy!
"Did I ever tell you the definition of the "Insanity"?" -pretty much, what's been happening in this thread for the last 3 months.
Failed attempts:
I figured out couple things:
PC Description: Lenovo Edge 15, Intel I7-5500U, Intel HD Graphics 5500, 8GB RAM, 64-bit Windows 10 Enterprise
Similar threads are going there, but no valid solution exist yet.
https://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/3fw6j1/cant\_run\_far\_cry\_3\_on\_windows\_10/
Dear community, help on this question will be really appreciated.
Update 1:
Through Event Viewer, I figured out that the following modules appear to be failing one by one:
xaudio2_7.dll
d3d10.DLL
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCR100.dll
igd12umd32.dll
d3d10.dll_unloaded
d3d10core.dll
d3d12.dll
Last two fail most of the time.
Update 2:
sfc /scannow showed corrupted opencl.dll file. I re-installed Intel HD Graphics, but it gave no result.
Update 3:
On Ubisoft forum, they offered to install the game on the system disk (C:), which was something, I have not tried yet.
Unfortunately, game crashes the same way. Recent two launches failed, referring to same module, XAudio2_7.dll_unloaded
Good thing is, once game is installed on C:, only xaudio2_7.dll fails.
A further suggestion of removing/renaming the xaudio2_7.dll file at system folder (*syswow64*, not *system32*) solves the crash, but totally removes the sound from a game.
Complete fail report:
Faulting application name: farcry3.exe, version: 0.1.0.1, time stamp: 0x51226a37
Faulting module name: XAudio2_7.dll_unloaded, version: 9.29.1962.0, time stamp: 0x4c0641e5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003a5e0
Faulting process id: 0xa10
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0fef7d665a842
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Far Cry 3\bin\farcry3.exe
Faulting module path: XAudio2_7.dll
Report Id: 61dfc555-bae3-44ca-bfd3-e32a0b0f4e65
Update 4:
Recent too launches showed that game crashes due to the failure of d3d10.dll and d3d10core.dll . Whether the cause is the hardware is still unknown, but I've found an opinion, that the problem could be caused by IntelHD Graphics Card itself.
The suggestion of lowering the sound quality to the lowest (16bit, 44100Hz) did not prevent the crash, unfortunately.
Complete fail report:
Faulting application name: farcry3.exe, version: 0.1.0.1, time stamp: 0x51226a37
Faulting module name: d3d10.DLL_unloaded, version: 10.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f3c01
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000ba5e0
Faulting process id: 0x2674
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1078b8afb867f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Far Cry 3\bin\farcry3.exe
Faulting module path: d3d10.DLL
Report Id: 19e8bb01-71dd-4113-9f96-f8be35e66dcb
and:
Faulting application name: farcry3.exe, version: 0.1.0.1, time stamp: 0x51226a37
Faulting module name: d3d10core.dll_unloaded, version: 10.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f3bc3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000a5e0
Faulting process id: 0x20a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d10789548cf142
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Far Cry 3\bin\farcry3.exe
Faulting module path: d3d10core.dll
Report Id: fcbe1f30-b603-4cc1-9040-099b371d91e2
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Try to shutdown the windows service the name call "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".
I hope it helps you.
Thank you for your suggestion!
I've already tried this before and unfortunately, none of this helped. Almost three months of searches and questioning did not bring not just solution, but even an explanation of what the cause might be.
No problem with FC3 at all here. Playing in DX11. No Compatibility settings used.
My Win10 64bit is an upgrade from Win7 74bit (vs clean install), and the games were all installed on Win7.
None of my games are installed to C:\ .
Using Nvidia GTX770, and Realtek HD audio with current Win10 Realtek, and other motherboard drivers,
from AsRock (my motherboard mfg).
Same performance as on Win7. The only difference, as with a lot of games on Win10, is when I close the game
I get a bogus error stating that the game had a problem and needs to close . Yeah ! Right !
The only problem is this senseless error message stopping the game from finishing closing.
No idea what XAudio2_7.dll_unloaded means, but there is no problem with the XAudio2_7.dll .
as MS has mysteriously stopped providing it, but you can re-install all DirectX files using the DirectX runtime installer which will overwrite all existing files and fix any corrupt files in the process.
While this installer may look outdated, there have been no new DX 9, 10 or 11 files since June 2010 -
Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - DirectX Redist (June 2010)
(use both with 64bit OS).
.
Dear Support Enginner,
Based on information provided, is there a possibility you could try to recreate that issue? A lot of people have problem with, what I am confident, xaudio2_7.dll compatibility with x64 windows 10.
Recently, I've encountered the problem with explorer, which was caused by ESET Nod32 Antivirus. Fortunately, the ESET team recreated and the fix was released via Windows Update few days after. Could that be the cause, as well, or rather other software that might prevent xaudio2_7.dll from normal functioning?
I'd be glad to provide you with any additional information, if neccessary.
same problem crashes after about 15 min of game play... nothing helps as of yet..pathetic