Windows Live Mail is not an online app in any sense of the word, at all. Have you even looked at it?
Rearrange taskbar buttons and/or rearrange order of notification area icons. Windows 8.1
I found the following for Windows 8.1,
order of app buttons on the taskbar:
All open files from the same app are always grouped together, even if you didn’t open them one after the other. This is so you can see all of the previews for that app at the same time.
How do I make the last or the latest icon to always open on the right hand side. And that the first app or icon is on the left hand side. Second app or its icon always opens or goes on the right hand side (now second left). And the third app or its icon always opens or goes to the right hand side (now third left). etc.
How do I make any and all apps or their icons to always been displayed in chronological order? First on the left hand side of the notification area and last on the right hand side of the notification area, no matter they are all icons of the same apps or all different ones.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-06-07T17:33:35+00:00 if you see a difference from Outlook Express let me know. ----- here you are. A partial list of differences copied from my post in Feb 2014
I appreciate your time and trying to help!
I do not have technical knowledge and can only tell about my own experience and differences between Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail is an online app and therefore every step or action is much, much slower.
Saved drafts disappear or take random time to show up in the draft folder.
Pop-up messages like something failed or did not work due to some connection problems are common (when there were NO connection problems). And the info or your work is lost if you did not copy it just in case.
It's impossible to easily and quickly edit HTML source code in one or two steps!
Moving emails between folders sometimes does not work or takes a long time - it is in fact, unpredictable.
I agree that some ppl would like all these differences or another way of doing things. But some would suffer.
Therefore, my main point is that killing the star (Outlook Express) has hurt many ppl.
and
Giving ppl more choices is always better than less!
-
Anonymous
2015-06-07T17:13:07+00:00 Intensity? Are you not getting the actual transparency option? It is exactly what you asked for, it turns the transparency on and off like a checkbox switch.
I did Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Personalization\Color and Appearance
I see Change the color of your window borders and taskbar
I click one of the colors > I chose max Color intensity > I save but the taskbar is still not solid
and I DO NOT SEE action center transparentOn or Offlike on you pic above
Pls give full path to it
-
@CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2015-06-07T17:00:04+00:00 The Mail program that is part of Windows Live Essentials is built on Outlook Express entirely. They are the same program, they even have the same DLL files, dialog boxes, everything is the same. They updated the toolbar, not much else. It works the same, with the same accounts/servers. It's all based on the old MSIMN.EXE that you know from Windows XP.
Heck it still integrates into the MSN Messenger like the Windows XP Outlook Express did, even though messenger has been shut down. That's how the same it is. It even stores in the same database format.
Check it out and if you see a difference from Outlook Express let me know.
-
Anonymous
2015-06-07T16:49:06+00:00 Shawn, thank you
On page 1 of this thread http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-desktop/rearrange-taskbar-buttons-andor-rearrange-order-of/16f66e2a-f5e3-4b84-9888-b258c2c3ffe7?page=1 we have discussed this already.
If MSF did not create something new since Feb 2014, then Windows Essentials page doesn't offer Outlook Express! There are Outlook.com, Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail.
Neither one is as simple, versatile, user friendly, giving the same number of options and settings as Outlook Express.