Error Code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps

Anonymous
2014-11-15T19:23:07+00:00

I am receiving the error code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps from the app store.  Any thoughts anyone?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T22:16:12+00:00

    Getting same error as everyone else.  New win8.1 pc, just bought it.  Very frustrating...I guess i'll just wait it out??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T22:14:38+00:00

    Me, too. Brand new laptop, 8 core.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T21:55:12+00:00

    I just got off the phone with Microsoft 5 minutes ago and they said that it is working on their end and that to fix it I need to do a full system restore, even though this is happening on 4 different machines across 2 different MS accounts on 3 different networks/ISPs (no proxy)

    Well, I tried a system restore and it did not work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T21:49:30+00:00

    i've been facing the same issue all morning...trying to restore system now...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T21:42:39+00:00

    I am having this happen on windows 10 build 9879 as well any one else here running the preview as well on duel boot?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments