How to download KB2976978 on Windows 8.1?

Anonymous
2015-06-26T17:25:19+00:00

Please Leave a link to download.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-27T11:10:13+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

This update is provided as an Optional Update through Windows Update for the Windows 8.1 Operating System.

Refer the article to know how to get this Update:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2976978

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T18:44:31+00:00

    I had the same problem as all of you did so what i did was went into the installed updates, Then i uninstalled the optional updates the one that seem to of fixed it for me was taking of KB3055343. I did what everyone else did checked the forms for a answer but like usual nothing, So i went thru  stuff that was installed an found that one being uninstalled seem to do the trick..

    Hope it helps others.  :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T18:41:32+00:00

    Please Leave a link to download.

    I am attempting to get the icon in the lower right hand side of my screen that allows me to download Windows 10 when it is available to me.  My computer troubleshooter tells me that i am missing KB2976978.  I have tried unsuccessfully to download it from the windows website.  Please help me.  I am running Windows 8.1.

    I can be contacted as follows;

    ******@aol.com

    919-337-2485

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T16:23:13+00:00

    I don't know what to do with your answer.  Do I have to search on my computer for each file and verify dates?  I used Windows update to download and install the file after uninstalling KB2976978 and it says it was installed successfully in the update history but the Win 10 compatibility program says it is not installed.  Help would greatly be appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T15:55:16+00:00

    Same here. At a loss as to what to do and very annoyed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments