How to download KB2976978 on Windows 8.1?

Anonymous
2015-06-26T17:25:19+00:00

Please Leave a link to download.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-27T11:10:13+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

This update is provided as an Optional Update through Windows Update for the Windows 8.1 Operating System.

Refer the article to know how to get this Update:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2976978

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T13:45:02+00:00

    My history also shows this file installed but the win10 says it is not.  I uninstalled the update and reinstalled using Windows Update but this did not work.  I tried the manual process using dism as described and this did not work either.  I am at a loss at what to do next to get KB2976978 installed.  Please help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T13:32:09+00:00

    I'm so tired of seeing this link, it's everywhere!!!  So many of us are going from forum to forum and site to site, and STILL can't get a direct download link.  I have 2 laptops and on desktop, it shows up on none of these.....  Nothing in windows update at all, ever.  I have to say that you guys are doing a great job keeping Apple in business!  I'm seriously thinking about going back to a macbook, because life is so much easier.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T13:11:34+00:00

    Same here.  I've tried downloading and installing KB2976978 4 times and each time it tells me I have installed successfully, even shows up in my update history as being installed successfully, but alas the troubleshooter tells me it isn't installed.  It's driving me nuts

    Ditto!!  I've spent hours doing this over and over again and it gets me nowhere!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T13:08:37+00:00

    Exact same issue, over and over again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments