Yesterday I called AT&T when I saw that Denim was available for the 920 in Canada, but the support person didn't know when AT&T would have Denim available in the US. Glad to see that it fixed the issue for you.
Windows Phone Browers Not Displaying Selected Pages - "We're having trouble displaying this page."
Phone: Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia 1020), running IE 11.
Issue: Several, but not all, web pages generate the same error:
"We're having trouble displyaing this page. We're having trouble with the page you're trying to reach and can't open it right now. Try the following: Refresh the page or try again later."
Example: Mobile.aa.com loads fine. When I tap "Login", the login page generates the error.
AND, if I set the phone to use the desktop pages (not mobile), www.aa.com loads fine, and when I try to log in, I get the same error.
I have verified the sites are working (I can log in to both the mobile and desktop sites via Chrome, Firefox, and IE on an Android phone and Windows 7 laptop).
I have verified with the carrier it isn't them (the Android phone is on their network). I can send/receive emails, texts, SMS, both via wifi and LTE data. And when a web page works, it works regardless of whether I am on wifi or LTE (cellular) data. And the error occurs regardless of whether I am on wifi or cellular data.
Help! These sites are rather critical to me.
Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-04-17T17:24:52+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-04-17T13:04:03+00:00 I got yesterday (April 16, 2015) the Denim update to my two Lumia 920 (I'm in Toronto, and the 2 devices are one on Rogers the other on Virgin - so I think it's not provider related just location related). That log-in page problem is resolved in Denim. It remains to see if my other problems with the WI-FI connections to certain spots have been resolved as well. I can't check that until the end of April.
It's a shame for Microsoft for not providing fixes for their bugs in a timely manner and to display such a crappy customer service.
-
Anonymous
2015-04-08T21:24:48+00:00 Thanks Eric_999 and LCRT!
-
Anonymous
2015-04-08T19:41:08+00:00 LCRT is correct. I got a call today from Microsoft support. As I mentioned earlier, they were able to reproduce the problem on the Lumia 920 running Cyan. They tried it on the 920 running Denim and they were able to access the website. So it means waiting for Denim to be available on the 920. To check what version of the OS is available for your phone visit http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-america/
-
Anonymous
2015-04-01T18:30:16+00:00 What's most likely is that they'll figure that the issue is fixed on newer windows phone builds (as not everyone has the issue) and tell you that "once version XXXX is released for your phone, it'll work again for you". Alternatively you could join the developer program to get newer OS builds and bypass the waiting period.