TIP: When you run Disk Cleanup and enable the Windows Update Cleanup option, you will NOT be able to uninstall any updates later, should the need arise.
Cite:
- How do I reset Windows Update components?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Sometimes I it says they installed successfully. sometimes I get error code 9C48, or 0x80070057. I ran sfc /scannow successfully as admin from dos window and have the CBS.log. Can someone help?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
TIP: When you run Disk Cleanup and enable the Windows Update Cleanup option, you will NOT be able to uninstall any updates later, should the need arise.
Cite:
Thanks, but it did not fix the problem. confuseduser
You're welcome & thanks for your feedback.
You may obtain Microsoft-sponsored Premium (i.e., paid) Support via the Answer Desk => http://answerdesk.microsoftstore.com
The service is free here.
I see this is much more complicated than I anticipated. At this point I will bring the pc to local repair shop for repair. Thank you so much for your help.