Who did you call to have them remove it?
Photo Gallery and Windows 10
Have any users - who use Photo Gallery (part of Windows Essentials 2012), preferably on Win 7 - upgraded to Win 10? Have you checked out whether Photo Gallery, including all the tags you've attached to your media, continues to operate seamlessly on your machine after the Win 10 Upgrade. Any problems at all?
How about Movie Maker? I note Microsoft provides contradictory information about compatibility of Movie Maker and Window 10 - see the following:
- They are NOT compatible according to:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-10/movie-maker-is-not-available-in-windows-10
2) They ARE compatible according to:
What can a user do but ask other for their real world experience!
Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-09-02T16:14:47+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-08-20T03:03:01+00:00 I went to control panel >all control panel items > troubleshooting. Run programs made for previous versions of windows. Program compatibility troubleshooter. Issues found Incompatible Program detected , then Fix program windows Live Photo Gallery completed then Issues found Windows Live Photo Gallery is incompatible detected
Fix program Windows Live Photo Gallery completed Provides steps to fix the incompatible program Compatibility Mode Compatibility modes applied: Windows 7 User verification: Fix didn't work
-
Anonymous
2015-08-19T23:24:47+00:00 I have been using photo gallery for at least 6 years on windows 7 and never had a problem with it until i upgraded to windows 10 and it quit letting me import pictures. Did troubleshooting and it said my photo gallery was incompatible with windows 10. How can that happen, when it's THEIR program. Is there any way to fix it? Upgrade it? Or what?
Microsoft compatibility centre says it is compatible. But it says that about moviemaker, and other MS info says Moviemaker is not compatible. See the first post.
What troubleshooting exactly did you do?
-
Anonymous
2015-08-19T22:37:04+00:00 I have been using photo gallery for at least 6 years on windows 7 and never had a problem with it until i upgraded to windows 10 and it quit letting me import pictures. Did troubleshooting and it said my photo gallery was incompatible with windows 10. How can that happen, when it's THEIR program. Is there any way to fix it? Upgrade it? Or what?
-
Anonymous
2015-08-19T22:28:54+00:00 I downloaded Windows 10 on July 28. I have had nothing but problems . Between 2 and 12 duplicates of many photos. Any duplicate deleted will delete all copies and leave a non removable and non available photo entry. Also renaming or renumbering a photo will make it no longer available. Does not effect photos after August. I had about 70,000 photos with windows XP. When I went to Windows 7 pro, it reloaded to 107,000. At least I could delete the duplicates with no problem. When Windows 10 installed, I ended up with 307,000 photos. Today I have over 310,000 photos. Totally unmanageable. I do not recommend Windows 10 until they address this problem. I contacted customer service 8/12/2015 and was told it caused by a virus and after the virus was removed it would be resolved. Not happening! Be very careful. I have lost a lot of photos already. Any change to Collections, Pictures, or Photo Gallery is also done to the others. I will try to resolve this again but will probably return to Windows 7 pro next week.
I assume these "duplicates" are seen in the photo gallery, but the actual photo on your disk is not duplicate. I very much doubt that that the Win 10 upgrade touches you personal files, such as photos.