Photo Gallery and Windows 10

Anonymous
2015-08-14T13:51:58+00:00

Have any users - who use Photo Gallery (part of Windows Essentials 2012), preferably on Win 7 - upgraded to Win 10?    Have you checked out whether Photo Gallery, including all the tags you've attached to your media, continues to operate seamlessly on your machine after the Win 10 Upgrade.   Any problems at all?

How about Movie Maker?   I note Microsoft provides contradictory information about compatibility of Movie Maker and Window 10 - see the following:

  1. They are NOT compatible according to:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-10/movie-maker-is-not-available-in-windows-10

2) They ARE compatible according to:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Name=Movie%20Maker&vendor=Microsoft&Locale=1033%2C2057%2C3081%2C4105%2C16393&ModelOrVersion=16&BreadCrumbPath=movie%20maker%20version%2016&LastSearchTerm=movie%2Bmaker%2Bversion%2B16&Type=Software&tempOsid=Windows%2010

What can a user do but ask other for their real world experience!

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-01T19:18:45+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-26T01:52:51+00:00

    So, I see that Microsoft has not sent out an update/fix for this problem.

    I am not happy with Photos and I want my Photo Gallery program back.

    If all those kids are such genius' then why haven't they fixed this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-02T21:40:19+00:00

    I called my computer person and he said it will be $50 to take it off and he said if I get off of it go back on it as soon as possible because it will be the last windows (don't know what he means by that).  I too can't import pictures because it tells me "something happened, try again".  I tried 6 times and still nothing.

    I am having the same problem since the month of September started. The month of August worked ok after some time. What a mess Microsoft has created with there photo system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-19T22:24:45+00:00

    People - if replying to this thread, please be clear about whether you had Photo Gallery installed on your system and used it prior to upgrading to Win 10, or did you newly install photo gallery on Win 10 and then start using it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-08-17T18:08:04+00:00

    I don't know but I found the whole "Windows 10" experience bad, sure it's free but you wind up missing so much. I called and had them remove it, so I'm missing pics. etc. I'm glad I got rid of it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments