SD Memory Card not working after Windows 8.1 install

Anonymous
2013-10-27T21:51:22+00:00

After installing the Windows 8.1 over Windows 8, I am no longer able to save to F: drive - media card reader.  The drive is not shown under devices and drives.  The Troubleshooter as recommended in other posts could not fix the problem.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-14T07:50:03+00:00

    Hi Carl,

    Ensure that you have installed available Windows updates, including Optional updates. I would also suggest you to install latest chipset drivers by downloading from the computer manufacturer’s website.

    Download and install drivers: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers

    Windows Update: Frequently Asked Questions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-update-faq

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-13T22:33:22+00:00

    My SD Card Reader is not seen by Windows.  I think this was the first time I tried using it since upgrading to Windows 8.1.  Dell XPS8700

    I tried 3 different SDs which all work fine on a laptop with windows 7.

    I tried your advice and it doesn't help.  I also ran complete "Diagnostics" which don't find any problem.

    Thanks for any help,  Carl

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-02T08:08:43+00:00

    Hi Gunnar,

    Thank you for the reply.

    Please do let us know if you need any help with Windows related issues, we're here to assist you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-01T19:43:24+00:00

    Thank you for this hint.

    It helped me with the same problem on a Dell Precision M 4700

    Gunnar

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-12-29T05:11:59+00:00

    I have recently upgraded my 3 PCs into Windows 8.1 and have Buffalo TurboPC Card reader writer adapter. I have tried many times to read digital camera SD Card with Card Reader Writer Adapter, but responses are always nothing. I have installed card reader's driver, still there is nothing good change.

    When there was Windows 8 Pro OS, the card reader writer was working fine. Now, how I can overcome this trouble soon. I need to create post cards and photos for New Year 2014.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments