Hi,
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available. Install new build 10049 and check the issue status.
Hope this helps.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
There's a bug in the Windows 8.1 dialog box and context menu.
Steps to reproduce:
This is also present in the context menu selection, more specifically in the 'send to', icons are surrounded by a black edge. But hovering over them will make the black lines disappear.
I can perfectly replicate it on 3 machines (2 of which are clean installs of 8.1), other users have also confirmed it. See screenshots below.
I'm using the latest WHQL Nvidia driver if that matters.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10049 now available. Install new build 10049 and check the issue status.
Hope this helps.
Hey guys,
I seem to have noticed another ugly icon although I'm not sure if this was introduced in 8.1 or was already there in windows 8 .
It's the .mp3 icon in case you don't have associated any albumcover with it. Mp3's seem to be automatically associated with the modern Music app instead of Window Media Player and that app gives the ugly mp3 icons (see icon left below). If you change the standard associated app of mp3's to WMP, you'll get the normal icons for mp3's (see icon below right).
Anyone else noticed this?
Nope, must be something wrong with your icon cache.
Hey guys,
I seem to have noticed another ugly icon although I'm not sure if this was introduced in 8.1 or was already there in windows 8 .
It's the .mp3 icon in case you don't have associated any albumcover with it. Mp3's seem to be automatically associated with the modern Music app instead of Window Media Player and that app gives the ugly mp3 icons (see icon left below). If you change the standard associated app of mp3's to WMP, you'll get the normal icons for mp3's (see icon below right).
Anyone else noticed this?
Just sit tight and wait for Microsoft to notice this thread!
So what can we do?