Sleeping problems go back to the early days of 8.1 Preview so am not expecting a quick fix.
windows 8.1 won't go into sleep mode,
Upgraded to windows 8.1 on my HP, since then it fails to go into sleep mode. I have had it set up for 20 mins, and never had this problem before. I have tried to change it to 25 mins. no change. Also stopped live update on windows 8 screen still no difference>
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2013-11-13T22:02:10+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-11-13T21:39:50+00:00 Good. though it didn't cure mine, I keep plugging away. Been I contact with HP support. Guess MS didn't quite fix it all yet.
-
Anonymous
2013-11-13T21:29:23+00:00 Unfortunately yesterday's Windows Update didn't help me.
In fact initially was worse.
So set everything back to default settings. Set up a new HomeGroup with only 2 members my insomniac HP- Desktop (Win 8.1 64 bit) and my Acer - Tablet (Win 8.1 32 bit) and neither went to sleep (Acer not a problem before.)
Left HomeGroup (both computers) using the Modern UI - Settings - PC Settings - Network - HomeGroup. Then under Connections - set Find Devices and Content to OFF. I didn't change anything under Advanced Sharing Settings but noticed that as a result Network Discovery was now OFF and the changes turned both HomeGroup services off.
30 minutes later the insomniac desktop was back to sleep.
-
Anonymous
2013-11-13T20:27:41+00:00 After upgrading to Windows 8.1 I had the same problem. The windows update files of 11/12/2013, when installed solved the problem for me, on a Dell desktop Inspiron 23 Touch.
-
Anonymous
2013-11-11T16:21:05+00:00 Sent them a note, not sure if it will help. I keep checking for updates and having found any yet.